The world of Assassin's Creed Valhalla is full of mysteries and hidden places waiting for you to uncover them.
One such place is the Deserted Chalet, located on an island northwest of Mannskapsangrep, in the northern part of Rygjaflke.
Sail north-west from your home town of Fornburg to reach the island (Picture: UbiSoft)
The Deserted Chalet is located in the north part of the island. Once you are on the island, just go north and it will be easy to spot it.
When you come there, you will notice how things are uncomfortably quiet, almost unnaturally still.
That's something that Elvir will comment as well, and for a good reason, because you should be careful.
The Deserted Chalet and its surroundings (Picture: UbiSoft)
When you enter inside the Deserted Chalet, you'll find a couple of things, but two most important ones are a note (Ornir’s Journal - Einn) and a locked chest.
When you read the note, you'll find out about the owner of the hut, a poet named Ornir, who was banished from his home by King Harald.
And if you want to open the chest inside the hut, you'll need a key, and that's why we are here.
How to unlock Deserted Chalet chest: Where to find Ornir's key
- Once you are done inside the chalet, go outside and search inside the perimeter of the hut.
- Near the chalet, you'll notice another, smaller hut with another note, which suggests that poor Ornir and his dog were eaten by wolves.
The second note reveals the tragic fate of Ornir and Ymir (Picture: UbiSoft)
- That wolf pack is what we need to find because that's where the key is.
- Go outside chalet's enclosure, and follow the path towards the northern part of the island.
- Shortly after, you'll run into a wolf body along the side of the path.
- Use your raven to scout the wolves from the pack that killed Ornir.
The raven will show you the location of the key near the big rock(Picture: UbiSoft)
- They should be near a large rock around ~200m north from the chalet.
- You will need to kill the pack in order to retrieve the key.
- It's best to sneak on the pack and kill a few wolves with your bow from afar and then it will be easier to finish the rest of them.
Try to kill the wolves from a safe distance (Picture: UbiSoft)
- Once you are done with the wolves, come close to the rock, and just below it, on the clearing you'll notice Ornir's body.
- Interact with it and you'll get the final chapter of Ornir's journal, and more importantly - the key for the chest.
The key is right below the rock (Picture: UbiSoft)
- Once you collect the key, head back to the chalet to unlock the chest.
- Collect your reward - Carbon Ingot!
And that's it, your job here is done!