Baldur's Gate 3 has quests that rely upon you completing them in a certain amount of time, but it's only particular quests that have this requirement. So what quests do you actually have to complete as quickly as you can? We've got a full list of Time-Sensitive quests in all Acts, and we'll be adding as we find more.
NOTE - MAJOR SPOILERS FOR BALDUR'S GATE 3
Table of Contents
All Time-Sensitive Quests In Baldur's Gate 3
Just below we've listed all of the time-sensitive quests in Baldur's Gate 3 and to make things a bit easier, we've also split the lists into each Act.
All Time-Sensitive Quests In Baldur's Gate 3 Act 1
- The Ritual At The Druid Grove: If you take ten or more long rests, then the ritual will be completed, ending the quest.
- Investigate The Beach: If you find a beach in the Emerald Grove where there's mysterious singing and take one long rest, then the boy will be killed by the harpies. This will also happen if you deal with the Goblin Camp first.
- Save Arabella: If you don't talk Kagha down before you deal with the Goblin Camp, then she kills Arabella.
- Help Alfira: You need to help Alfira with her song before you go to the Goblin Camp.
- Help Sazza: If you don't deal with Sazza before clearing out the Goblin Camp then she will die.
- Waukeen's Rest: You have to save everybody inside Waukeen's Rest before you take a long rest, or everybody inside will die.
- Caravan Ambush: Once you find the Gnolls attacking the merchants then you have to kill them straight away, if you take a long rest then they'll all die.
- Poisoned Gnome In The Mushroom Village: You have to cure this Gnome before you save Nere or she will die.
- True Soul Nere: Nere's timer is pretty strict. If you long rest, visit your camp, or even leave the area then both he and the gnomes trying to free him will die. It'll make your life easier, but you'll have innocent blood on your hands.
All Time-Sensitive Quests In Baldur's Gate 3 Act 2
- Release The Pixie: You have to free the Pixie in the Moon lantern before the end of Act 2.
- Rolan: You have to help Rolan once you hit a certain area, and if you don't he'll be killed by the Shadows.
- Moonrise Tower Prisoners: You have to free the Prisoners here before you free the Nightsong, as freeing the Nightsong will lead to a siege beginning.
- Moonrise Tower Siege: If you take too long before hitting Moonrise Towers, then more and more people will die, and if you wait too long, then Jaheira will die.
- Halsin: Don't long rest before you help Halsin save Thaniel, and make sure you help him before the siege on Moonrise Tower.
All Time-Sensitive Quests In Baldur's Gate 3 Act 3
- Stop The Presses: You have to sort the situation in the printing press before taking a long rest
- Defeat Orin: Once Orin kidnaps your companion, you have to save them pretty quickly. If you take three long rests after dealing with the murder tribunal then you'll arrive to find your companion dead.
- Avenge The Drowned: This must be done before you complete the Iron Throne, or the quest giver will be dead.
- Saving Florick: You have to save Florrick before taking five Long Rests, or the Counsellor will be executed.
- The Iron Throne: You have six turns once you'll in the Iron Throne to save everybody before the location explodes.