The beginning of a new year is a perfect time to introduce fresh content into the game, and COD Mobile developers are bringing a lot of it this January.
Probably the most exciting things are two new multiplayer maps, including the legendary Hacienda map from Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, now adjusted to fit the mobile style of play.
But that is not the only new map coming in Season 1. As Lunar New Year is inching closer, it's a perfect time for a Chinese-themed map, Chinese Nuketown!
Then, there are two new weapons, the Kilo 141 fully automatic assault rifle and the PPSh-41 submachine gun.
That's, of course, not all, as there's a new tactical grenade, two new modes, new features, quality of life improvements, weapon balance changes, and so much more coming to CoD: Mobile Season 1!
Check out below everything that's new!
Season 1 2022 full patch notes
New Map - Hacienda
- You can enjoy Hacienda Map from Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on mobile!
- The luxurious vineyard garden is located along the bank of the river, and although it is a peaceful looking lake, enemies may appear in the water.
- It is important to strategize carefully!
New Map - Chinese Nuketown
- Have a Merry Lunar New Year!
- Chinese Nuketown, where you can wander under a red lantern and see old oriental buildings, is the perfect place to visit for the holidays!
- Have fun and don't miss the fireworks show at night!
New Tactical Grenade - Storm Ball
- Creates a spherical barrier at the target location to block the enemy's gaze.
- Enemies inside the barrier do not recover HP.
New Game Modes
- You must have more gold coins to win!
- Strategize with your teammates to spread out, find gold coins in the vault, and purchase combat gear to defeat the enemy team!
2) Payout Search and Destroy
- Payout Search will be included in Ranked Multiplayer for a limited time.
- Take down the enemies with the deadliest weapon in the game!
3) Red Envelope Kill Confirmed
- Join the 10v10 battle in Red Envelope Kill Confirmed for the holidays!
- The red envelope is full of surprises!
- Tunisia: Updated the skylight in the wine cellar, allowing players to throw various props through the skylight.
- Added a feature where attachments remain equipped when replacing designs.
- Optimized the quality of the MVP kill cam.
- Added a zoom function to the map display when specifying an orbiting laser line.
- Reduced screen freezes and frame drops when using MQ-27 Dragonfire and Hawk X3.
- Balanced the amount of weapon experience gained and account for progression in multiplayer.
- Adjusted the acceleration of the M13 to match the weapon running speed.
- Voluntarily discarding attachments prevents players from acquiring attachments of the same type or of any rank for 30 seconds.
- Reduced the chance of getting unsuccessfully experienced by players when the network environment is poor.
- Expanded display of advanced attachments for spectators.
- Optimized environmental sound effects when the player is in a wild environment.
- Updated text prompt when players exit Battle Royale.
Sniper Challenge Mode Adjustment
- All pistol weapons except the MW11 will no longer appear in the mod.
- Updated recommendations for custom sniper rifles and gear.
- If you do not have a sniper rifle in your backpack, a custom sniper rifle recommended by the designer will be displayed.
- Warfare mode supports spectator mode.
- Adjusted the structure of the Blackout map to optimize overall gameplay and performance.
- Added snow and ice areas to Blackout.
- One of the fully automatic assault rifles with longer optics to enhance the headshot effect.
- Moderate damage output, an average rate of fire, and a convertible drum magazine.
- This is a low-precision submachine gun that uses a large-capacity drum magazine.
- Charge the enemy with the advantage of non-aimed fire!
New weapon inspection
- Exclusive weapon inspection has been added to some mythical weapons.
Optimization of combat performance
- Added different types of muzzle fire smoke effects, each muzzle attachment has its own smoke effect.
- Added muzzle heat dissipation smoke effect and muzzle heat dissipation smoke appears after more than 10 consecutive shots.
- Improved weapon handling.
- Tweaked the grenade throwing behaviour model.
- Improved photorealistic site effects.
- Optimized gun shake performance when moving non-aimed fire and aiming fire.
Clan Wars Update
- In order to increase the weekly clan credit reward factor and obtain character shard rewards, you must form a team with a clan member in a node competition.
- Players who are new to the clan can also participate in the competition for that week.
- Clans with fewer active players than the matching requirement can also join, but will be deducted based on a decrease in node score.
- Recruit more clan members to prevent your clan from being penalized.
RANKED MATCH UPDATES:
- When a solo player faces a 4-person queue entered as a team, additional Rank Points are earned, and more information can be found in Ranked Rewards.
- New season reset rules for the top 5000 players have been adjusted, more details can be found in the Ranked Lobby.
- Starting this season, the rarity of the top 5000 players' calling cards has been adjusted to Legendary.
- Mismatched composition of pre-formed teams during matchmaking has been mitigated.
- The probability of matching with other teams with the number of players is greatly reduced.
- The matchmaking scope at the beginning of the season will be expanded to accommodate the shortage of top-ranked players.
- Solo players are matched with players of similar or lower ranks.
- Team Deathmatch/Forefront Rank Bonuses are more affected by relative individual performance than match results.
OTHER SYSTEM UPDATES:
1) Adjust the loadout
- Loadout can be changed during the queue.
2) Adjust the sensitivity setting
- The gyroscope can be adjusted separately for fire sensitivity and normal state sensitivity.
- Scope precision for red dot sight and holographic sight can be adjusted separately to enhance player operability.
3) Update jump control
- Added advanced control options for jumping and climbing motions in settings.
- Players will no longer ride and climb automatically by pressing the jump button when selected.
- A new option allows players to set the jump button to climb by moving the jump button up to avoid accidentally touching it during combat.
4) Battle royale Medicine settings
- You can turn off the recommended Medicine setting for Battle Royale HP items, which is enabled by default to prevent item replacement in user shortcut keys.
Stay tuned as we will bring you all the details about the COD Mobile Season 1 2022 update, including the battle pass content, weapon tier lists, new maps, modes and more.
Featured image courtesy of Activision.