Submachine guns are some of the most powerful weapons in COD Mobile, and for Season 7, there is a new addition to the class that is set to shake up the pecking order. Along with some balance changes, the Season 7 SMG tier list looks promising for a new meta in the game.
There have been a handful of SMGs that have dominated in COD Mobile for a few seasons now. One of those was the MAC-10 because of the range and stability with a high fire rate. That sentiment held true for so many other weapons in the class. However, some SMGs received damage buffs and others became weaker.
COD Mobile Season 7 New Vision City - SMG Tier List
Compared to other classes in Call of Duty Mobile, submachine guns and assault rifles are the most effective, and it's not close. In many cases, SMGs can even outpace assault rifles at multiple ranges because of the way recoil and shooting work in COD Mobile.
- Call of Duty Mobile Season 7 Battle Pass Release Date, Price, Rewards
- How To Get Claw Operator Skill In Call of Duty Mobile Season 7
- How To Earn Eagle Eye Medal In COD Mobile
- Call of Duty Mobile Season 7 Release Date, Test Build, Leaks
If you play ranked modes, you're bound to come across some demons that can take you out across the map with a MAC-10 or a QQ9. At close range, the TTK they have is even more insane and it's what puts them a tier above many assault rifles. Below you can see which SMGs reign supreme in Season 7.
Tier rank description:
S-Tier: This tier usually consists of the most popular weapons, and for good reason. These are picks that most competitive players will continue to use until something better comes along. They are nearly flawless.
- A-Tier: These Submachine Guns come close to S-Tier, and much of the time the line is blurred. But in a fight with two equal players, the top-tier weapons are going to have the edge in consistency and power.
- B-Tier: Here you'll find the middle tier of the Submachine Guns. These would still be considered usable, but they will certainly need the right attachments. Expect to lose some uneven fights.
- C-Tier: This is where weapons start to lose quality. Attachments can help these, but they are mostly for fun. Some great plays in close quarters can be pulled off, but they are going to lose a lot of fights. High TTK and bullet spread are usually the problems.
- D-Tier: Any weapon in this category should be avoided. They aren't competitive, and because of their lack of power, they are also usually not fun. However, they can be great for variety and loadout experiments if that's your style.
Note: This SMG tier list for COD Mobile Season 7 New Vision City is based on the latest patch notes set to go live. The goal is to create a list that accurately reflects the meta and the changes being implemented to the weapons. Some lists will have differences in their rankings.
S-Tier submachine guns in COD Mobile Season 7
- PP19 Bizon
The S-Tier of SMGs hasn't gained any new additions in COD Mobile Season 7. Instead, two weapons were moved down and two became more powerful. Both the QQ9 and the PP19 Bizon are even better than they were last season.
A-Tier submachine guns in COD Mobile Season 7
- Switchblade X9
- KSP 45
- HG 40
- AGR 556
Most of the changes happened in the A-Tier this season. First and foremost, the CBR4 was hit hard and moved down a tier. The new Switchblade X9 still remains to get true testing but it has promise. The PPSh-41 also got some damage buffs and is now at the highest rung of the A-Tier.
B-Tier submachine guns in COD Mobile Season 7
In Season 7, the MAC-10 was moved down again. Last season, it was already nerfed and moved down to the A-Tier. Once again, it lost more damage and has more flinch than ever. It's still good, but it's a mid-tier SMG.
C-Tier submachine guns in COD Mobile Season 7
The Pharo was buffed a couple of seasons ago and moved up a tier. Since then, it's been the lone occupier of the C-Tier. Burst SMGs simply aren't that effective.
D-Tier submachine guns in COD Mobile Season 7
These weapons have been neglected for some time, and they haven't received anything in Season 7 of COD Mobile. They can be fun in some cases, but use them in a loadout at your own risk.
And that's all. For more exciting game content, check out our section dedicated to the latest Call of Duty Mobile news, tips, guides, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Activision.