8 January 2024 - We've updated the page to reflect any recent changes to perks and abilites in Patch 7.5.0 and the January 2024 Developer Update that might impact the best Knight builds in Dead by Daylight.
Table of Contents
- The Knight Killer Power And Perks
- Best Knight Builds In Dead By Daylight
- Beginner Knight Build
- Permanent Surveillance Knight Build
- What are The Best Perks For The Knight?
Here is everything you need to know about the killer The Knight, from his power to his perks, so you can play him to his fullest potential. We'll also review the best builds for this killer so you can know how to play him optimally.
The Knight Killer Power And Perks
The Knight's killer power might just be one of the most unique powers in the game, giving him the ability to control multiple Guards who can attack survivors, break pallets and walls, and track enemies' locations.
He also comes with his own three unique teachable perks, which are as follows:
Perk: Nowhere To Hide
- Whenever you damage a generator, reveal the aura of all survivors standing within 24 meters of your position for 3/4/5 seconds.
Perk: Hex Face The Darkness
- When this Hex is inactive and you injure a Survivor, a Dull Totem becomes lit and hexes that Survivor. When the Hex is active, all other Survivors outside of your Terror Radius will have a chance to scream intermittently, revealing their positions and auras for 2 seconds. Other Survivors also see the aura of the cursed Survivor for 12/10/8 seconds. When the cursed Survivor is downed or returned to full health, the Hex is lifted, and the Hex Totem becomes unlit. Cleansing the Hex totem deactivates Hex: Face the Darkness permanently.
- Whenever you are stunned by a Survivor, that Survivor suffers from the Exposed Status Effect for 10/15/20 seconds.
Power: Guardia Compagnia
The Knight's killer power reads as follows:
- The Knight alone is a terrifying monster on the battlefield, but with his loyal Guards, he is nearly unstoppable. Together, the Guardia Compagnia fights for their own freedom, killing anyone who gets in their way.
Special Ability: Guard Summon
Tap the Power button to activate Guard Summon mode. Once activated, move around to create a Patrol Path. While in Guard Summon mode, you can aim at a Generator in progress, a downed pallet or a breakable wall and tap the Attack button. This will summon a Guard to complete a break action on the selected object. You can also tap the Power button or drain the Power Gauge completely to end the Guard Summon mode. This will summon a Guard who will follow and patrol the created path. There are three guards that are summoned in the same order each time: The Carnifex, who can break or damage objects faster; The Assassin, who moves faster during the Hunt; and The Jailer, who patrols longer and is better at detection.
Guard Special Ability: The Hunt
When a guard is patrolling, he can spot and detect survivors. If a Survivor is detected, the Guard will move to their location, leave a Standard on the ground, and start Hunting the survivor for a set amount of time. The Survivor can escape a Guard by unhooking another Survivor, grabbing the Standard, or surviving until the Hunt timer ends. If the Survivor is successfully attacked by the Guard or The Knight, the Guard will disappear. When a Guard downs a survivor, The Knight receives a Killer Instinct notification.
Best Knight Builds In Dead By Daylight
The Knight is a complex killer, given that his three Guards each have their own special abilities. As such, there are many builds to experiment with that will work well on him. Whether you want to focus on regressing generators and overall strategy or just chase survivors all match, let's help you find the perfect Knight build for you.
Beginner Knight Build
If you are just starting as a new Knight main, it might be hard to decide which perks to use. As a Knight beginner, you'll want a well-rounded mix of tracking perks and slowdown perks.
- Nowhere To Hide (The Knight)
- Hubris (The Knight)
All of the perks included in this build are general perks, meaning they either come by default with The Knight or can be found in the Bloodweb of all killers without prestiging or reaching level 50.
This build is the perfect starter kit for The Knight. Whispers allows you to locate survivors, allowing you to decide to chase them or send a Guard after them. Nowhere to Hide ensures that there is, well, nowhere to hide, showing survivors near generators after you kick them. Jolt provides extra generator regression when you down a survivor, ensuring that you don't always have to manually kick generators. Finally, Hubris turns two-hit chases into single-hit downs after a survivor stuns you, ensuring even challenging chases go your way.
Permanent Surveillance Knight Build
This permanent Surveillance Knight build allows you to see generators that are being worked on all throughout the match. This way, you can manually pressure survivors off of one generator while using your Guards to pressure others.
- Surveillance (The Pig)
- Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance (The Artist)
- Hex: Ruin (The Hag)
Surveillance is the centerpiece for this build, with most of the other perks serving to activate Surveillance and ensure that you can see generators that are being worked on. Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance forces the generator with the most progress to begin regressing after a survivor is hooked on a Scourge Hook; this regression will also activate Surveillance. Jolt sets off generators after a down, causing them to regress. Finally, Hex: Ruin makes all generators regress that are not being worked on until the Hex is cleansed or a survivor dies.
What are The Best Perks For The Knight?
We've given you some builds to test out on The Knight but you might be wondering what the best perks are on him.
A few of the best perks on Knight are:
- Nowhere To Hide (The Knight)
- Hubris (The Knight)
- A Nurse's Calling (The Nurse)
- Sloppy Butcher
We recommend mixing and matching the perks in the builds we've provided to create your favorite loadout. As you familiarize yourself with this killer, you'll determine which perks are your favorites and be able to mix and match these perks effectively.
- The Best Artist Builds
- The Best Blight Builds
- The Best Cannibal Builds
- The Best Cenobite Builds
- The Best Chucky Builds
- The Best Clown Builds
- The Best Deathslinger Builds
- The Best Demogorgon Builds
- The Best Doctor Builds
- The Best Dredge Builds
- The Best Executioner Builds
- The Best Ghost Face Builds
- The Best Hag Builds
- The Best Hillbilly Builds
- The Best Huntress Builds
- The Best Knight Builds
- The Best Legion Builds
- The Best Mastermind Builds
- The Best Nemesis Builds
- The Best Nightmare Builds
- The Best Nurse Builds
- The Best Oni Builds
- The Best Onryō Builds
- The Best Pig Builds
- The Best Plague Builds
- The Best Shape Builds
- The Best Singularity Builds
- The Best Skull Merchant Builds
- The Best Spirit Builds
- The Best Trapper Builds
- The Best Trickster Builds
- The Best Twins Builds
- The Best Wraith Builds
- The Best Xenomorph Builds