Table of Contents
It's rare that we see a Dead by Daylight chapter without any leaks whatsoever, but that's exactly what happened with the new Chucky chapter, going live on the PTB on 8 November 2023. That's right - Chucky is joining Dead by Daylight, joining the game's roster of killers with his own power to help him kill survivors in the Fog.
Here's everything fans need to know about the brand-new character Chucky, including his ability, perks, and unique Mori.
Dead by Daylight Chucky Ability/Power
Prior to Chucky's addition to Dead by Daylight, many players speculated that the character was "too small" to add to DBD. However, his small size actually defines his power, allowing him to sneak around the map with ease and terrorize survivors.
Chucky's ability has both a Slice & Dice ability, letting him lunge into survivors, and a Scamper ability, which lets him vault windows and hide under pallets. While using the former, his human form, also known as Charles Lee Ray, can assist him in chasing down survivors.
Chucky's Dead by Daylight power reads as follows:
The Good Guy has two separate modes he can switch between; Normal Mode and Hidey-Ho Mode. Due to his short height, The Good Guy also has a fixed third-person camera positioned above and behind him, giving the player a better view of his surroundings. He is also much shorter than other Killers making him very stealthy, however he leaves fading footprints behind as he walks.
- SPECIAL ABILITY: Hidey-Ho Mode Press the Active Ability button to enter Hidey-Ho Mode for 20 seconds. While in this mode, the Killer has no Terror Radius, and "distraction" footprints and audio are spawned all across the map.
- SPECIAL ATTACK: Slice & Dice While in Hidey-Ho Mode, press and hold the Special Attack button to charge up a Slice & Dice Attack. When charged, sprint forward at high speed, triggering an attack at the end (or whenever the Special Attack button is released).
- SPECIAL ABILITY: Scamper While in Hidey-Ho Mode, when you are near a vault or pallet, press the Interaction button to scamper through it quickly without breaking it.
Dead by Daylight Chucky Perks
Every killer in Dead by Daylight has three personal perks, and Chucky is no exception. Chucky's perks highlight his devious and dark personality. Here's all of Chucky's perks in Dead by Daylight:
Hex: Two Can Play Anytime
Any time you are stunned or blinded by a Survivor 4/3/2 times, if there is no Hex Totem associated with this Perk, a Dull Totem becomes a Hex Totem. While the Hex Totem stands, Survivors who stun or blind you get blinded for 1.5 seconds.
Friends 'Til the End
When you hook a Survivor that is not the Obsession, the Obsession becomes exposed for 20 seconds and reveals their aura for 6/8/10 seconds. When you hook the Obsession, another random Survivor screams and reveals their position and becomes the Obsession.
When within 12 meters of a completed Generator, you have 5% Haste. The movement speed bonus lingers for 1/3/5 seconds when you are no longer in range.
Dead by Daylight Chucky Mori
Chucky's Mori allows the new killer to take down survivors in his own unique fashion, laughing eerily as he stabs them on the ground repeatedly before shouting out one of his iconic catchphrases.
Chucky is played by his original voice actor, Brad Dourif, for both his Mori voice lines and others.
Dead by Daylight Chucky Release Date
Chucky is a part of Dead by Daylight's 8 November Public Test Build (PTB). He'll be released on 28 November 2023 to the full, live game.
- The Best Artist Builds
- The Best Blight Builds
- The Best Cannibal Builds
- The Best Cenobite Builds
- The Best Chucky Builds
- The Best Clown Builds
- The Best Deathslinger Builds
- The Best Demogorgon Builds
- The Best Doctor Builds
- The Best Dredge Builds
- The Best Executioner Builds
- The Best Ghost Face Builds
- The Best Hag Builds
- The Best Hillbilly Builds
- The Best Huntress Builds
- The Best Knight Builds
- The Best Legion Builds
- The Best Mastermind Builds
- The Best Nemesis Builds
- The Best Nightmare Builds
- The Best Nurse Builds
- The Best Oni Builds
- The Best Onryō Builds
- The Best Pig Builds
- The Best Plague Builds
- The Best Shape Builds
- The Best Singularity Builds
- The Best Skull Merchant Builds
- The Best Spirit Builds
- The Best Trapper Builds
- The Best Trickster Builds
- The Best Twins Builds
- The Best Wraith Builds
- The Best Xenomorph Builds