One that's been popping up just as much is the CHICKEN error code, which is preventing players from logging into the servers of Destiny 2.
Destiny 2 CHICKEN error - How to fix
According to Bungie, this appears when players "are having connection issues to Destiny 2."
Unlike the HONEYDEW error, there are some steps players can take to help resolve the issue, take a look at the list down below:
- A wired connection is recommended to play Destiny. If the connection is being used for other things when playing Destiny, such as streaming, it's recommended to quit those programs.
- Clear the Console Cache or clear the download cache in the Steam launcher.
- Power cycling the main router/modem.
- Review Bungie's guide on improving latency and packet loss.
- Follow Bungie's Networking Troubleshooting Guide for best optimizing the connection to Destiny, and Advanced Steps Networking Guide for possible router solutions, including information on UPnP, NAT, and Port Forwarding.
- This may be an internet service provider issue, so players may need to contact their provider about possible service interruptions.
- If players still encounter this issue after following the previous steps, please create a thread in Bungie's #Help Forum.
While it may be entirely on Bungie's side, it can't hurt to try any of these fixes listed above.