Destiny 2's Season 18 is fast approaching, and almost every day, there's either a new leak or new info drop for the next chapter in the beloved live service FPS.
Bungie had previously revealed the PVP meta changes that are coming with Season 18. Now, in the latest TWAB (This Week at Bungie), the game devs have revealed some of the PvE and PvP weapons that are set to be reworked for Season 18. Here's every Destiny 2 weapon that is confirmed to receive an overhaul in Season 18.
Destiny 2 weapons that are getting buffed and nerfed in Season 18
There are three different weapons set to receive a rework in Destiny 2 Season 18, Lord of Wolves, Dead Man's Tale, and Collective Obligation.
- Will Destiny 2 Lightfall Add A New Race To The Game?
- Destiny 2 Nightfall Weapon This Week
- Is Bungie Planning To Remove Power Level From Destiny 2?
- Bungie reveals Destiny 2 PvP meta changes for Season 18
Check out all the specifics of the reworks here.
Lord of Wolves
- Decreased starting ammo in PvP from 15 to 10 (PvE unchanged).
- Reduced the burst size (shots fired per trigger pull) from 10 to 5 shots when Release the Wolves is active.
- Reduced the burst delay (the time between bursts) by 60% when Release the Wolves is active.
- Decreased Lord of Wolves base damage by ~20% (now deals 35 per shot to the body in PvP, 44 with Release the Wolves active).
- Increased damage in PvE by 20% to compensate.
Dead Man's Tale
- Changed Cranial Spike's effects:
- Cranial Spike no longer buffs damage vs. players, instead it grants increased reload, aim assist, and range per stack.
- It still grants additional damage vs. PvE combatants.
- Upon reaching max stacks of Cranial Spike, the catalyst will now increase hip-fire RPM by 50 (i.e., it will fire at 180 RPM) but will deal reduced damage per bullet (20% decrease).
- Increased Void Leech timer to 15 seconds in PvE activities.
- PVP remains at 10 seconds.
- Removed the cooldown.
- Added a 20% damage bonus against PvE combatants only while Void Leech is active.
- Takes less hits to fully charge Void Leech.
- Kills against debuffed targets instantly charge Void Leech.
- Void Leech is also instantly charged when your character is affected by Void debuffs.
- Does not work if hitting yourself with your own Suppressor Grenade.
- Fixed a bug where Umbral Sustenance was activating with non-Void overshields.
These are all the weapons in Destiny 2 that are getting reworked in Season 18.
For more on the game, check our section dedicated to Destiny 2 news, guides, and features.
Featured image courtesy of Bungie.
- Alter of Reflection Catalyst Quest
- Austringer God Roll
- Calus Midi Tool God Roll
- Dead Man's Tale God Roll
- Fixed Odds God Roll
- Hawkmoon God Roll
- How To Get Come To Pass
- How To Get Dawn Chorus
- How To Get Omnioculus
- How To Get Star-Eater Scales
- Mechabre God Roll
- Osteo Striga Catalyst
- Riptide God Roll
- Queens and Worms Quest