In the case of Hoodwink, however, Valve has decided to act quickly, nerfing two of the new hero's abilities, as well as its level 20 talent.
Dota 2 Hoodwink: Balance changes
Hoodwink might have been a bit too powerful, with its long-ranged abilities, and high damage output.
Hoodwink's Q ability, Acorn Shot, is one of the biggest targets of the nerf. At releases, the Acorn Shot could deal 1500 magic damage at level 4, due to the number of bounces as well as damage output.
Then, the W ability, Bushwhack, was simply too powerful of an AOE crowd control ability to let loose on the world of Dota 2. The image below from Valve's Wykrhm Reddy, showcases the Hoodwink nerfs.
(Picture: Wykrhm Reddy)
Hoodwink balance changes:
- Base agility reduced by 4
- Acorn Shot - Bonus damage reduced from 25/50/75/100 to 20/40/60/80
- Acorn Shot - Bounce count reduced from 3/4/5/6 to 2/3/4/5
- Bushwhack - Cast range reduced from 1200 to 1000
- Bushwhack - Radius reduced from 325 to 275
- Level 20 talent - From -5 Armour Corruption to -3 Armour Corruption
These nerfs come after members of the Dota 2 community asked when the hero will be nerfed shortly after the Mistwood update released.
Even professional players such as Evil Geniuses' Arteezy chimed in on Twitter, asking when the hero would happen: "What's the ETA on Hoodwink nerfs when did Void Spirit get nerfed after release."
With such a new, powerful hero, it is not unlikely we could see more Hoodwink nerfs or slight balance changes in the coming weeks.