One of the most utilized game modes in all of FIFA, Pro Clubs offers gamers the chance to turn themselves into professional EA Sports footballers. Players can form an official club with friends and climb the league tables, or simply drop into matches with random online players.
Gamers are given total customization of their pro, from the facial representation to the height, weight, and main athletic attributes. The club captain also has customization of the club kits, badges, and tactics.
It's an awesome game mode that allows you to play with many of your friends at once, but it's been a few years since EA Sports has freshened things up. This title seems to be different, so here's everything you need to know about new features and changes coming to FIFA 22 Pro Clubs.
FIFA 22 Pro Clubs - new features
One of the first things EA Sports set out to address was Pro Clubs matchmaking. There are two separate game modes within Pro Clubs for players to enjoy.
The first is traditional club matches, where you can create an official club with friends and climb through the tables in hopes of reaching Division 1. In addition to this, a more casual style of matches is also available.
Drop-In matches can be played at any time with random online gamers also queueing into that same lobby. Players can pick the home or away side as well as their respective positions in the team.
To add to the excitement, EA Sports is implementing additional Drop-In features to accommodate matchmaking. Gamers will be able to queue, with (club) teammates, and play Drop-In matches that do not count against the club's record.
The lobby host can choose to enable the 'Fill Teammates' option, which will attempt to fill the lobby with other players, allowing for new teammates.
Player growth and customization
An important part of Pro Clubs, player growth and customization offer a personalized side of your pro. Gamers can arrange the facial and body features to make it look like a virtual pro, or a completely different character altogether.
Different body specifications (height weight) will lightly change the sliders for your initial player ratings. However, this is where player growth is paramount.
Each game will grant you XP and in turn, Skill Points, which help you level up your pro. Players can apply Skill Points to areas of their choice, while general XP will boost certain ratings by scale.
A new feature in this year's Pro Clubs is the implementation of Perks. These are a new way to improve your player, allowing gamers to refine their play style even further.
Every pro starts with one Perk unlocked, which can be filled with one of 3 starter Perks. Then gamers will earn at least one new Perk per level, and unlock additional Perk Slots at level 9 and level 19. This means that when a pro reaches its max level, gamers will be able to choose from up to 26 different Perks to equip in the 3 Perk Slots.
- Distance Shooter - Increases your accuracy and power from long-distance shots. Grants you the Finesse Shot trait and 5-star Weak Foot ability.
- One Time Shot - Increases your finishing ability during one-time shots or headers. Grants the Finesse Shot and Power Header Traits and increases your weak foot ability.
- Set Piece Beacon - Increases your Heading Attributes during Set Pieces (Free Kick, Corner Kick, Throw-In) for 5 seconds after the ball is in play and grants you the Power Header Trait.
- Clutch Finisher - Increases your shooting Attributes during the last 15 minutes and extra time. Grants the Finesse Shot and Power Header Traits and increases your weak foot ability.
- Hot Streak - Shooting Attributes are boosted for a short time (15 mins) after you score a goal. Grants you the Finesse Shot and Power Header Traits and increases your weak foot ability.
- Quick Reply - Shooting Attributes boosted for a short time (15 mins) after conceding a goal. Grants the Finesse Shot and Power Header Traits and increases your weak foot ability.
Chance Creation Perks
- Assist Streak - Boosts Passing Attributes for a short time (15 mins) after assisting a goal and grants the player the Swerve Pass trait.
- Skilled Dribbler - Increases a player's dribbling and skill move abilities when dribbling with a ball while also granting them the Flair trait.
- Set Piece Specialist - Increases your players' abilities during set-pieces. Grants you the Giant Throw In and Set Play Specialist Trait.
- Active First Touch - Increases your ball control, acceleration, and sprint speed after the first touch.
- Threaded Pass - Increases through-pass and lofted through-pass accuracy (Vision). Grants the player the swerve trait and 5-star weak foot ability.
- Precision Pass - Increases the player's normal pass accuracy and speed (Short Pass + Long Pass) and grants players the Swerve trait and 5-star weak foot ability.
- Tireless Runner - Grants the Second Wind and Solid Player Traits.
- Pinpoint Cross - Increases crossing accuracy and ability when performing across and grants the player the Swerve trait and a 5-star weak foot ability.
- Defensive Closer - Increases the defending Attributes in the final 15 minutes + extra time of a match.
- Last Defender - Increases your defending Attributes when you are the last player back.
- Lock Down - Defending Attributes are boosted for a short time (15 mins) after your team scores a goal.
- Cool Head - Defending Attributes boosted for a short time (15 mins) after your team concedes a goal.
- Ball Winner - Boosts jockey speed when the player does the Jockey or Sprint Jockey actions and increases the player's tackling ability.
- Physical Strength - Boosted strength, ball control, and jumping when jostling, shielding, or heading the ball.
- GK Clutch Save - GK Attributes boosted in the final 15 minutes + extra time of a match.
- GK Fast Rush - GK speed boosted when GK is sprinting or rushing.
- GK Quick Reflex - GK reflexes and reactions boosted when saving.
- GK One on One - GK abilities boosted in one vs one situations for 5 seconds.
- GK Far Reach - Good at saving Distance Shots.
- GK Set Piece Expert - GK Attributes boosted during Set Pieces (Penalty Kick, Free Kick, Corner Kick, Throw-In) for 5 seconds after the ball is in play.
Another new feature coming to FIFA 22 Pro Clubs is the Archetypes system. These act as significant Attribute increases that help create, customize and secure a player's identity on the pitch.
Gamers can acquire Archetypes through Skill Points. The Archetypes are made available at the end of a skill tree branch. Players can equip up to 3 Archetypes, depending on how they decide to allocate Skill Points.
One pitch for all
FIFA 22 Pro Clubs will be the first year in which gamers are able to create either a male or female Pro Clubs player. This is exciting news especially as the women's game continues to grow rapidly in popularity.
The action brings all gamers together, and the cosmetic customization of them has no additional gameplay impact.
Further team customization
Club captains will be delighted to hear the news concerning team tactics as EA Sports is bringing more control than ever before. New pre-match, as well as in-game adjustments, should make for the most exciting Pro Clubs gameplay thus far using these added tactics.
New Defending Tactics
- Overlap player instruction (wide players)
- Step Up player instruction (defensive players)
- Free Roam player instruction (central players)
- 5-4-1 (Diamond)
In FIFA 22 Pro Clubs, Club Managers will also be able to customize the following new gameday features:
- Kit & Crest
- Home Stadium
- Club Nickname (Commentary Name)
- Stadium Theme (Banners)
- Stadium Colour
- Seat Colour
- Pitch Line Colour
- Pitch Wear
- Pitch Colour
- Pitch Pattern
- Net Pattern
- Net Shape
- Net Meshing
- Goal Song
- Crowd Chants
Make sure to keep our FIFA 22 tab at your ready as the release of the new EA Sports footballing title is fast approaching.