With Season 2 of Fortnite finishing up in early June, the Fortnite v12.60 update might be the last big one we see before Season 3 kicks off on 4th June 2020.
In the latest Fortnite update, we see the Dragacorn Glider and Riot Control Baton Pickaxe return to competitive playlists, Spy Games LTM, a party royale update, some new skins, and more.
- Read more: The Fortnite pro that got banned for using another computer? He may have been cheating all along
What's inside the Fortnite v12.60 update
While Epic Games haven't shared the full Fortnite patch notes for quite some time, the developer did provide fans with Fortnite v12.60 highlights.
Downtime for v12.60 has ended — drop back in!— Fortnite Status (@FortniteStatus) May 20, 2020
Continue your role as one of the top operatives. 👍 pic.twitter.com/feZOoFG7cE
The Fortnite v12.60 patch highlights include the following.
Spy Games LTM:
Operation: Infiltration is the newest Spy Games playlist and will arrive after the update at 9 AM ET. Extract the Intel Case from the defending team’s turf or prevent your case from reaching the invading team’s destination.
Battle Pass Decisions:
Reminder to finish up your Challenges for this season’s Battle Pass characters. Once the season ends, you won’t be able to pick Ghost and Shadow variants for your characters. Lock in your look for Maya, too.
Dynamic Resolution for iOS:
For iOS players, there’s a new opt-in feature to help you reach your targeted framerate. Dynamic Resolution adjusts the game's resolution automatically to maintain this targeted framerate. Dynamic Resolution can be turned on or off in the Video Settings menu on iOS.
Party Royale Update:
The Grappler and Jetpack arrive, and we've also made refinements to several existing attractions.
PC controller adjustments?
You might be wondering where the PC controller adjustments are, which has been a hot topic in the community for several weeks. Epic doesn't want to release these type of gameplay changes just before the FNCS Invitational Finals, which starts on 23rd May 2020.
The Fortnite PC controller adjustments are set to release next week, as epic continues to investigate, tweak and tune these adjustments.
Storm the Agency
It looks like clouds have started to form a circle over The Agency location on the map, which is likely teasing a Hurricane, possibly as part of the Doomsday event.
The list of challenges has also been revealed.
Forgot to tweet this..— HYPEX - Fortnite Leaks & News (@HYPEX) May 20, 2020
New challenges! pic.twitter.com/ZA1A4eisBn
New skins and cosmetics - Fortnite v12.60 update
It looks like the new Fortnite update has two new skins, namely the Renegade Shadow and Shimmer Specialist.
The new skins ingame! pic.twitter.com/SidI1pYZx6— HYPEX - Fortnite Leaks & News (@HYPEX) May 20, 2020
There are also several new cosmetic items, thanks to HYPEX for finding these before the servers are live.
All the new 12.60 cosmetics! pic.twitter.com/GCSHZNK3tz— HYPEX - Fortnite Leaks & News (@HYPEX) May 20, 2020
Fortnite v12.60 patch notes
- Dragacorn Glider animation changed, no longer disabled in competitive playlists
- Riot Control Baton Pickaxe issue resolved, no longer disabled in competitive playlists.
- Fixed issue causing hit/damage indicators to sometimes appear to be coming from the wrong direction than the source of the damage.
- Players on mobile devices will no longer see a seam running through the middle of an island.
Save the World
- Exploding Deathbombs will no longer deal damage to the objective through builds.
- Fixed issue causing Black Metal Weapons to not respect self-damage amount when performing Critical Hits.
- Dropping or spawning a weapon and picking it up will no longer cause you to lose ammo.
- New Map Font
- More information at the login screen
- The mode selection screen got a new UI.
Lastly, there also seems to be progress on the Doomsday device. We will update this article if or when new information on the Fortnite v12.60 update becomes available.