Fortnite is a game that is constantly going through a lot of changes every single update. This is one of the reasons why Fortnite is considered to be the biggest battle royal game on the market right now. Now, Fortnite has changed again. With Chapter 4 Season 4 players are excited to see how the game will continue to evolve.
One of the biggest reasons why players are excited about the newest season of Fortnite is the map. In every season, the island map changes in some way shape, or form. This means that games become completely different from previous seasons and give players new areas to explore. Here, we are going to go over all the map changes coming to Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 4.
28th August 2023 Update: We've updated this page with more information on the map changes in Chapter 4 Season 4 of Fortnite.
Fortnite Map Changes: Latest News & Updates
With the lastest season now live, players can begin exploring the new map features and POIs. Thanks to known Fortnite dataminer, Shiina, we can see some screenshots of the new POIs:
A new tweet revealed the activity happening across the Fortnite Island map, highlighting the cracks, fissures, and earthquakes occurring.
There were no new map changes reported following the v24.40 update; however, several Star Wars-themed features were either disabled or removed, as reported by FN Assist:
- Republic Chests have been disabled
- Lightsaber Rift Gates has been disabled
- Darth Vader, Clones Troopers, and Checkpoints have been removed
- Venator Class Star Destroyers gone
The Fortnite v24.30 Island Map has no new map changes to report following the launch of this patch update.
- The Jaeger Family Basement has been added to Anvil Square, underneath the weaponsmith building.
- There are several new fissures appearing across Fortnite. You can find these fissures in the center of the map, near Slap 'n Go Gas Station, near Hitches and Ditches, and on the road under Frenzy Fields.
- There are seven new Titan Target dummies, which you can find in various parts of the map. Find them around: Pleasant Passage, Shattered Slabs, Western Watch, and Royal Ruin, at a small town north-east of Warden's Watch, and Coastal Battlement.
- New Monoliths have appeared. You can find them outside the main entrance to the Citadel called "Mossy Monoliths."
- Grind Rails have been set up at Slappy Shores. There are also new MEGA City bus stops found there too.
- New NPC added: Styx. Located at the center of the fractured biomes in a cabin near the Herald Tree.
- New NPC added: Mystica. Located at Shattered Slabs
- A new Cherry Blossom tree can be found in the following locations: Anvil Square, Slappy Shores, Shattered Slabs, Brutal Bastion, and The Citadel.
- Some lights and lanterns appeared last week for Lantern Fest.
- You can find three new upcoming "WANTED" Crew Pack skins around MEGA City.
- The new NPC Cluck can be found at Forest Forge selling an Egg Launcher
- Spring Chickens can be found in various parts of the map.
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 4 New Map Changes & POIs
As Chapter 4 Season 4 is on the way, there is a lot of information for the next map of Fortnite coming out. From what has been revealed so far from leaks and official news, Chapter 4 Season 4 island of Fortnite will be heist-themed. Parts of the map have been changed to include a crescent moon-shaped island. Here are the new POIs that are in Fortnite right now:
- Eclipsed Estate
- Sanguine Suites
- Relentless Retreat
Eclipsed Estate replaced the previous Citadel location and that is where you will find Kado Thorne. Sanguine Suites replaced Lonely Labs and turned that tundra area into a more tropical area. Relentless Retreat replaced Meadow Mansion. As you can see, there are plenty of new POIs to check out in Fortnite.