Genshin Impact developer HoYoverse has released yet another trailer detailing the lush and spectacular Sumeru and what Travelers can expect. Thus far, they have highlighted the next element, Dendro, with its unique abilities and effects and the region’s natural wonders.
This time, we got acquainted with the people of the nation of Sumeru, the culture and customs, and a few characters who’ll “cross paths” with the Traveler. Let’s look at some of the characters featured in the latest Preview Teaser you’ll be meeting in Sumeru.
New Genshin Impact Sumeru Trailer Highlights More Characters
HoYoverse unveiled the latest trailer for the upcoming Sumeru region, and unlike the previous trailers, they’re focusing on the characters this time. The third Preview Teaser, Prelude to Wisdom, showcases new faces that the Traveler and Paimon are expected to be acquainted with once Sumeru becomes available in-game.
According to the official description, “Sumeru continues to be influenced by the legacy of ancient civilizations, but the prelude to new wisdom is also being composed. A new chapter is about to begin amidst a tangled web of factions.”
- Genshin Impact Hidden Strife – How To Complete Phantom Of The Past Quest
- Genshin Impact 2.8 Phase 2 Events – Reminiscent Regimen, Primogems, More
- Summit Shaper Genshin Impact – Stats, Ability, Ascension Materials
- Genshin Impact Broken Isle Conch Locations – How To Get Them
Travelers have already been introduced to Tighnari and Collei, the region’s first Dendro characters; there were new faces that are likely to arrive in future updates. The first can be found in Port Ormos, where the Traveler will be introduced to Alhaitham, a Haravatat with the Akademiya.
Additionally, you’ll “cross paths” with unique characters who either assist or deter the Traveler and Paimon in their journey across Teyvat. These characters appearing in the Preview Teaser include:
- Dehya, a member of the Desertfolk who has affiliations with the region’s mercenary group, The Eremites
- Nilou, who seems to be Sumeru’s equivalent of Yun Jin and is pursuing a life of the arts
- Nahida, a mysterious young girl who was previously leaked to be the Dendro Archon
- Cyno, the General Mahamatra, is a character who first appeared in the Genshin Impact manga series alongside Collei
In addition to the new characters introduced in the Preview Trailer, HoYoverse also unveiled a mercenary group called The Eremites.
According to the developer, this group is to be settlers descended from a civilization originating from the deserts, with their own culture, “wisdom and power,” and are not affiliated with any nation in Teyvat.
As The Eremites have laid claim to a legacy left behind in the deserts of Sumeru, there are machines derived from an ancient yet advanced society protecting secrets buried across the desert. It is said that secrets hold the key to the past, which has affected beasts, who’ve become mutated.
New biomes, creatures, monsters, and other lifeforms unique to Sumeru will be introduced to the region at launch and post-launch. As promised, the developer stated that the area will bring forth “a completely new experience” and anticipate providing them with “an adventure worth looking forward to.”
Featured image courtesy of HoYoverse.