- Read more: Genshin Impact's latest event banner "Farewell of Snezhnaya" starting soon, including Childe
This guide should help you out when it comes to working out which elemental reactions to favour when trying to bring down shields fast - perfect for those tricky Spiral Abyss floors and Domain challenges.
Elemental Shield weaknesses
- Claymores, Geo, Overloaded (Pyro+Electro)
- Examples: Hilichirls with stone shields (Liyue), Geo Slimes, Stonehide Lawachurls
- Cryo (Superconduct)
- Examples: Fatui Electro-hammer Vanguard, Electro Cicin Mage
- Pyro (Burning)
- Examples: Hilichurls with wooden shields (Mondstadt), Dendro Slimes
- Hydro (Vaporise)
- Examples: Abyss Mage (Pyro), Fatui Pyro-slinger Bracer
- Pyro (Melt)
- Examples: Abyss Mage (Cryo), Cryo Slimes, Fatui Cryo-gunner Legionnaire
Hydro shields: the odd one out
A quick note here that Hydro shields are… odd. Different Hydro shields react to different elements, so keep your wits about you!
- Cryo (Frozen)
- Example: Abyss Mage (Hydro)
- Electro (Electro-Charged)
Example: Fatui Hydro-gunner Legionnaire
As a final note, there are no true anemo shields in Genshin Impact right now, so no need to worry about them! The one pseudo example, Fatui Anemoboxers, need to be flanked not attacked straight on.