Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity has launched and Zelda fans can't hide their excitement about the game.
Set 100 years before the events of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, we will meet a lot of new characters, but also a lot of familiar faces from the previous Zelda games.
One of those Breath of the Wild characters that will join us at some point during the game is Hestu, a large Korok who loves to dance. And some say that his dance posses mysterious powers, but that's on you to discover during your time with him.
Hestu is obtained when you complete the first level of Chapter 3, called "Freeing Korok Forest".
How to unlock Hestu in Hyrule Warriors
Divine Beast Vah Medoh (Picture: Koei Tecmo)
- At the start of Freeing Korok Forest quest, you will have full control of Divine Beast Vah Medoh.
- Your goal is to free the path to the forest.
- In order to do that, you will need to destroy all 27 enemy outposts across the surrounding area of the Great Hyrule Forest.
The game becomes a flight simulator at this stage (Picture: Koei Tecmo)
- Enemy outposts have a slight whitish glow around them, which makes them a bit easier to spot.
- You will notice that most of them are in the water around the forest, but be careful, because some can be spotted in the higher mountain areas as well, and cliffs that surround the forest edge.
- There will be some Hinox around as well, but you can mostly overcome them with your regular attacks.
When you clear all enemy outposts, the cutscene will start and your current roster of characters will enter the forest.
They will have a little talk and complain about the fog and how they can't see anything when at one point, you will meet Hestu for the first time.
The first moment with Hesta (Picture: Koei Tecmo)
He will introduce himself to you, explain who he is and offer guidance through the forest in exchange for helping him to come back home.
From there, a new "Head to Korok Forest" quest starts, which is quite straightforward.
- There is one main path that you should follow, and Hestu will guide you through it.
When monsters pop out, Hestu will be afraid and you'll need to clear those enemies before you can continue.
- You will fight a few groups of Stalkoblins, one flock of floating heads, and one Stalmoblin.
Stalnox will be a decent challenge, bring your A-game to this fight ((Picture: Koei Tecmo)
- When you are around the centre of the area, you'll be attacked by Stalnox, which is a skeleton Hinox. It will be an intense fight, so you should be focused.
When you finally come to the entrance, you'll find that the place is blocked by "malice swamp", and now you will need to find your way through it.
Red slug is blocking the path to Korok Forest(Picture: Koei Tecmo)
While there's still a ton of work in front of you here, this is where our guide stops, because from this moment Hestu will join your roster and become a playable character.
Enjoy exploring his abilities and combos!