With the road to the 2021 World Championship about to come to an end, as all qualified teams for the tournament have already been defined in each regional playoff, it’s time to set the table for all the champions that will have a big presence in the international tournament.
Differing from previous Worlds editions, this year’s meta will be composed of two Worlds-focused patches featuring a set of nerfs and buffs to breathe new life into the Pro meta. This patch is packed with a bazillion changes, so prepare yourself for a lot of reading.
Patch 11.18: Buffs for junglers, ADCs and more
This time around, 18 champions will be blessed with some necessary buffs starting with Zed, Qiyana and Talon, as these will become a flex-pick by getting better damage outputs against monsters, Dr Mundo and Lillia are getting better healings and lower cooldowns on their abilities, and Taliyah is set for a tweak on her skills to help her clean camps faster.
Many ADCs are on the board as well, as these have struggled to succeed in the current meta. Kog’Maw and Twitch will have their damage increase, while Miss Fortune’s ultimate will shoot more bullets, and Draven’s ult will now execute enemies with HP lower than his current Adoration stacks.
Soraka and Singed are also getting some changes focused around the Grievous Wounds mechanic, as Soraka’s ult will now clean these before healing, while Singed’s ultimate now makes all of his damage apply them.
Here is the full rundown on the buffs side:
- R - Maximum Dosage: From immediately healing 20% of missing HP to granting 15/20/25% of missing HP as Bonus HP for 10s, and from healing 20/45/70% to 20/40/60% of max HP over 10s.
- Passive - League of Draven: Draven's Adoration stack count updates will now be displayed in All chat, not just Team chat.
- R - Whirling Death: If Whirling Death drops an enemy's health to or below Draven's current Adoration stacks, it executes them.
- Base HP from 540 to 570, and HP growth from 82 to 90.
- Q - Switcheroo!: Fishbones Mana Cost from 20 to 16/17/18/19/20.
- E - Supercharge: Cooldown from 16/15/15/13/12 seconds to 16/14.5/13/11.5/10 seconds.
- Base armour from 26 to 28
- E - Inspire: Base Shield from 80/125/170/215/260 to 90/135/180/225/270.
- E - Void Ooze: Damage from 75/120/165/210/255 (+50% Ability Power) to 75/120/165/210/255 (+70% Ability Power).
- R - Bullet Time: Total Waves from 12/14/16 to 14/16/18.
- E - Black Shield: Cooldown from 26/24/22/20/18 seconds to 24/22/20/18/16 seconds.
- R - Insanity Potion: Singed now applies Grievous Wounds on targets upon dealing any damage during Insanity Potion's duration.
- Q - Threaded Volley: Casting Threaded Volley on Worked Ground now refunds 50% of the spell's cooldown, Worked Ground Radius from 450 to 300, and Worked Ground Duration from 45 seconds to 25 seconds.
- R - Spray and Pray: Bonus Attack Damage from 30/45/60 to 40/55/70.
- Q - Corrosive Charge: Cooldown from 12/11/10/9/8 seconds ⇒ 10/9.5/9/8 seconds, and Mana Cost from 80 to 70.
- W - Spirit Cleave: Shielding per Champion Hit after the first from 25% of base to 50% of base.
- Passive - Bop 'n' Block: Cooldown from 18-6 seconds (based on level) to 14-6 seconds (based on level).
- Passive - Contempt for the Weak: Now deals 100% bonus damage against monsters (still capped at 300 against epic monsters).
- E - Sleepy Trouble Bubble: Cooldown from 20/18.5/17/15.5/14 seconds to 16/15/14/13/12 seconds.
Patch 11.18: Exclusive nerfs for pro play
As for the nerfs, all these are focused on the most OP champs in pro play, to make room for some of the newcomers buffed in the patch.
Lee Sin, Aphelios and Jayce are getting a lower base AD, Kalista’s knock up and Renekton’s stun will be shorter at first levels, and Ashe and Camille now have increased cooldowns on her W and passive, respectively.
Besides, the biggest nerfs are coming for Thresh, with a lower movement speed and bonus magic damage per soul, Trundle’s E slow being reduced at late stages, and Varus’ passive giving attack speed per level instead of a flat percentage, together with a nerf on his base AD.
A couple of major adjustments are also set for Rumble, receiving now attack speed based on level thanks to his passive, and Fizz, increasing the damage of his W, but reducing drastically his ultimate’s power at all levels.
Here is the full rundown on the nerfs side:
- Base Attack Damage from 57 to 55.
- W - Volley: Cooldown from 14/11.5/9/6.5/4 seconds to 18/14.5/11/7.5/4 seconds.
- Passive - Adaptive Defenses: Cooldown from 16/13/10 seconds (at levels 1/7/13) to 20/15/10 seconds (at levels 1/7/13).
- Passive - Hextech Capacitor: Bonus Move Speed and Ghost Duration from 1.25 seconds to 0.75 seconds.
- R - Fate's Call: Knockup Duration from 1.5/1.75/2 seconds to 1/1.5/2 seconds.
- Base Attack Damage from 70 to 68.
- W - Ruthless Predator: Empowered Stun Duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second, and Empowered Self-Lockout Duration from 0.75 seconds to 0.52 seconds (matches normal W).
- Base Move Speed from 335 to 330.
- E - Flay: Maximum Passive Bonus Magic Damage from 100/125/150/175/200% Attack Damage + 1 per Soul to 80/110/140/170/200% Attack Damage + 1.5 per Soul.
- E - Pillar of Ice: Slow from 32/39/46/53/60% to 30/34/38/42/46%.
- Passive - Living Vengeance: Bonus Attack Speed on Non-Champion Kills from 20% to 10/15/20% at levels 1/7/13.
Patch 11.18: Item and rune changes
Taking a little breath after all the champion updates revealed, the changes for items and the Predator rune will be lighter but effective, bringing some flexibility into the comps of many champions from the Rift.
- Ravenous Hydra's cleave no longer activates on turrets.
- Titanic Hydra's cleave no longer activates on turrets.
- Cost from 2600 to 2400.
- Lethality from 12 to 10.
- Move Speed Ramp-Up Time from 1.5 seconds to 1 second.
- Maximum Move Speed from 45% to 60%.
Patch 11.18: Pentakill is back to rock the Summoner’s Rift
After a long hiatus, the baddest metal band of all time will be back to wreak havoc in the Rift, as Pentakill will make their comeback with the launch of a new set of skins, commemorating the release of their third album “Lost Chapter”.
The new skins for Yorick, Kayle, Olaf, Mordekaiser, Karthus and Sona will be available in the in-game store for 1,350 RP, along with a fiery aspect for Pentakill’s biggest threat, the God of Dissonance Viego. All of these will also get eight new different chromas available for 290 RP each.
To close this patch, Tristana will join the group of Mythic champions, as she will receive a special Hextech skin, exclusively available via the loot system or by changing it for ten gemstones.
Don’t forget to check out our League of Legends dedicated section for more news, guides, updates, and esports coverage.