After a long three weeks due to summer vacation, Riot has revealed all the changes coming to League of Legends with patch 11.16, expected to hit the live servers on 12th August.
As we close the curtain on the Rise of the Sentinels event, this new patch will contain lots of balance changes around many of the best champions during the current meta, however Riot also has taken some time to overhaul two well-known characters who have suffered around the bot lane.
Patch 11.16: Sona and Karma major updates
The biggest changes for this patch will be the major updates for both Sona and Karma, two champions who are superb as supports but in recent patches have had an underwhelming performance, as shown in their pick and win rates from ranked queues and competitive.
You can check all listed adjustments for Sona including tweaks for all her abilities and a new passive in this overview guide, or if you are looking for those implemented on “The Enlightened One”, then go here for everything about Karma’s update.
Patch 11.16: Champion changes
Now, moving on to the buffs for 11.16, this patch will be focused on upgrading some of the tools of jungle champions like Jarvan IV, Maokai and Nunu to improve their results, passive adjustments for Vladimir and Shaco, and enhancing the damage stats for both Jhin and Sivir.
- Passive – Martial Cadence: Damage from 8% to 10% of target’s current health.
- R – Cataclysm: Bonus damage ratio from 150% AD to 150% AD.
- W – Deadly Flourish: Damage from 50/85/120/155/190 to 60/95/130/165/200.
- R – Curtain Call: Minimum damage ratio from 20% AD to 25% AD.
- Passive – Sap Magic: Healing from 5-65 (+5-13% maximum health) ((level 1-18) (due to heal and scaling bugs) to 5/15/25/35/45/55/65 (+7/8.5/10/11.5/13/14/15% maximum health) (level 1/6/9/11/13/15/17).
- E – Sapling Toss: Detonation damage from 25/50/75/100/125 (+7/7.25/7.5/7.75/8% (+0.8% per 100 AP) of target's maximum health) to 20/45/70/95/120 (+7/7.25/7.5/7.75/8% (+0.7% per 100 AP) of target's maximum health).
E – Snowball Barrage: Damage ratio per snowball from 6% AP to 10% AP. Total damage ratio from 54% AP to 90% AP.
- Q – Deceive: Shaco’s orange smoke VFX no longer appears from the enemy’s point of view when cast through Fog of War.
- R – Hallucinate: When Shaco’s clone kills a ward, it will no longer override all commands and attempt to repeatedly path back to Shaco, also if Shaco’s clone doesn’t receive additional commands for ten seconds, it will no longer path back to Shaco. All wards killed by Shaco’s clone now properly grants gold to Shaco, and when killed by reflected damage, Shaco’s clone now properly explodes into mini-boxes.
W – Ricochet: Damage ratio from 30/40/50/60/70% AD to 30/45/60/75/90% AD.
Passive – Crimson Pact: AP to bonus health conversion from 140% to 160%. Bonus health to AP conversion from 2.5% to 3.3333333%.
As for the nerfs, the main champions affected will be Diana, Fiora, Tahm Kench and Xin Zhao, as all of them have seen great performances in pro and rank play, being among the most OP champions of the current meta.
Passive – Moonsilver Blade: Damage to non-epic monsters from 300% to 250%.
E – Bladework: Cooldown from 11/9.5/8/6.5/5 seconds to 11/10/9/8/7 seconds.
W – Iron Will: Omnivamp from 10/15/20/25/30% to 5/10/15/20/25%.
W – Whimsy: Cooldown from 15/14/13/12/11 seconds to 16/15/14/13/12 seconds.
- Passive – An Acquired Taste: Base damage from 12-60 (level 1-18) to 8-60 (level 1-18).
- Q – Tongue Lash: Base heal from 15/20/25/30/35 to 10/15/20/25/30.
Base attack damage: 66 (level 1) to 63 (level 1).
- Base mana: 420 (level 1) to 480 (level 1).
- E – Hexplosive Minefield: Base damage per mine from 40/75/110/145/180 to 30/70/110/150/190. Slow from 30/35/40/45/50% to 10/20/30/40/50%.
Patch 11.16: Items and ranked updates
This time, just a couple of items will suffer some minor adjustments, with the Dark Seal getting its Dread AP per Glory stack reduced from five to four, and its Glory stacks lost on death from four to five.
Redemption will have its intervention health increased from 180-360 (based on ally’s level) to 200-400 (based on ally’s level), and its cooldown reduced from 120 seconds to 90 seconds.
Last but not least, a new third queue dodge penalty will finally be implemented as part of Riot’s efforts to reduce AFKs and dodging in ranked queues. With this, players that dodge three times in a 24-hour period will experience a 12-hour MOBA queue lockout and a 10 LP loss.
Riot has also added a new social leaderboard inside ranked Summoner’s Rift lobbies, where you can access this leaderboard by clicking on the new leaderboard button in the upper right corner of the solo/duo or flex lobby, and from now on, Master and above flex players can no longer queue with other flex players rated below Platinum.
Patch 11.16: Coven skins and chromas
As revealed nearly a month ago, seven new skins are coming to League of Legends as part of the Coven skinline, with Evelynn, Malphite, Warwick, Cassiopeia, Ahri and Ashe being chosen to receive these new aspects.
Additionally, each of the new skins will receive lots of chromas for your preferred style, and previously released Coven skins for Morgana, Camille, LeBlanc and Lissandra will also receive an exclusive chroma variation.
Each of these skins will have a cost of 1,350 RP, except for Evelynn’s which will be set at 1,820 RP, and LeBlanc’s new Prestige skin, which will be available as a reward.
Don’t forget to check out our League of Legends dedicated section for more news, guides, updates, and esports coverage.