In this article, we focus on the Lost Ark server downtime on 21st April 2022, alongside all the changes, a quick overview of the content, and all the bug fixes.
Lost Ark 21st April server downtime
The Lost Ark servers will go down for eight-hour maintenance on 21st April 2022 to deploy the massive new April update.
- Lost Ark Wall of Procyon - How to pass
- Lost Ark Pest Control quest – Objectives, how to complete, rewards
- Lost Ark – How to get the Silver Combat Raptor Mount
- Lost Ark Medeia Island - Location, quest, and rewards
The Lost Ark server downtime for maintenance is expected to run from 08:00 to 14:00 UTC. There were some unexpected issues found by the developer's QA team but these were resolved quickly, meaning the update will still release on 21st April 2022.
Find out how to check the Lost Ark server status with our dedicated guide.
Lost Ark April Update content overview
There's a whole lot of content in the Lost Ark April update for heroes of Arkesia to sink their teeth into, including the new Glaivier class and the rumoured Ark Pass. While we will share details on all the content additions in dedicated guides, you can check out an overview below.
- Glaivier Class
- Ark Pass
- South Vern new area
- New Progression Events
- New skins and store update
The new progression events in the Lost Ark April update include Feiton Powerpass and Express Missions.
Lost Ark April patch notes - General updates & changes
There are some exciting, general updates to Lost Ark with the April patch, including an increase of available character slots from 12 to 18, a new 25-day track for some rewards, and more. Check out the complete list as per the official patch notes for Lost Ark's "Battle for the Throne of Chaos" update below.
- Added a 25-day track of new daily log-in rewards.
- Improved co-op party play for Secret Maps. Now all four members can submit a map to get rewards with one run. No more worrying about someone dropping from your group after you used your map!
- Chat tab changes will now be shared across your roster.
- Modified voice chat volume settings to stay within a medium range of volume outputs.
- Updated the server selection screen background.
- Increased available character slots from 12 to 18.
- Fixed an issue where skill tree info is not shown when viewing PvP skill info from Book Of Coordination while in a Custom Lobby.
- Improved Book of Coordination settings. Players can now set up skill presets, tripod levels, skill runes, gems, item set effects, etc.
- Updated text to better detail certain Welcome Challenges.
- Adjusted rewards drop location for Naruna Hot Springs.
- Added additional controller settings allowing users to tweak the pointer speed and thumbstick deadzone.
- Added a new button in Custom PvP Lobbies allowing users to view all players’ active Book of Coordination presets.
- Added an option to clear all text within the active chat tab when right-clicking.
- Added a new setting allowing players to disable the virtual keyboard while using a controller.
Sounds good, right? Well, what's a Lost Ark update without some bug fixes?
Lost Ark 21 April patch notes - bug fixes
Keep in mind that while the list below is huge, this is just the "notable" bug fixes, meaning there are even more, small bugs fixed in the Lost Ark April update not showcased in the patch notes.
- Fixed an issue that caused unnatural movement in the sails of the “The Great Journey” wallpaper.
- Fixed an issue that prevented push-to-talk voice while the ‘Game Menu’ or the ‘Settings Menu’ were open.
- Fixed an issue that caused enemies to spawn too close to certain NPCs, making it difficult to interact with them.
- Fixed an issue that directed players to the wrong area in the “A Nose For News” quests.
- Fixed an issue that prevented text from appearing in the text-to-speech chat tab.
- Fixed an issue that caused an "Unknown Error" message to appear while traversing the Foul Hollow dungeon.
- Fixed an issue that caused the untradeable version of the Destruction Punisher Skin Set to only apply to 1 slot.
- Fixed an issue where the “Armen Stopping the Threat” cutscene was not available in the Memory Chamber.
- Fixed an issue that caused the event timer shown on the map to be offset based on the player’s time zone.
- Fixed an issue that prevented VO in several cinematics from being heard while playing as a female class.
- Fixed an issue that caused an “Unknown Error" to be displayed when attempting to equip a compass that couldn’t be equipped.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the “Immersed in Death” quest from being completed when reconnecting after equipping the necromancer disguise.
- Fixed an issue that caused VO lines during Abyss Dungeons to be inaudible.
- Fixed an issue that caused some text in the Book of Coordination to not display in the correct language in French, German, or Spanish.
- Fixed an issue where another character’s VO was played while Armen was speaking during the “Belated Help” quest.
- Fixed an issue causing debug text to be shown when opening more than one engraving selection chest at a time.
- Fixed an issue that prevented ‘Trusted’ players from initiating a trade with a new or non-trusted account.
- Fixed an issue that caused the total and online member count within the ‘Guild Menu’ to not display while using a non-English language.
- Fixed an issue with controllers that caused some buttons to become unresponsive after skipping cutscenes.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain tool-tips to be missing from the controller ‘Settings Menu’.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the context menu from being opened with a controller in the ‘Friends Menu’.
So there you have it, the patch notes for the Lost Ark April update, filled with bug fixes, changes and content additions. Heroes of Arkesia will have to wait for eight hours as Lost Ark server downtime completes, but the wait should be well worth it.
Don't forget to check out our dedicated Lost Ark section for news, a tonne of guides, leaks and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Smilegate / Amazon Games.