Lost Ark's April content update, Battle for the Throne of Chaos, launched successfully this month as players work their way through the plethora of new content. Additionally, new cosmetics are available, and a refreshed store provides you with new items to purchase.
Nevertheless, many have experienced many issues upon the update's release, which Smilegate has addressed in a new hotfix update. We'll be exploring what you need to know about the Lost Ark 23rd April hotfix update, including server downtime, patch notes and more.
Lost Ark 23 April hotfix update – Server downtime
Lost Ark servers were down on 23rd April 2022 at 12 am PT / 7 am UTC as the maintenance period ran for three hours. Players on the Mari / Valtan servers (US West) and Azena server (US East) experienced high volumes of player queues throughout the day, resulting from the developer reducing "player capacity" across multiple servers.
Tonight's update will address some issues that came with the April Update. The downtime will start at 12am PT / 7am UTC April 23rd and is scheduled to run for 3 hours.— Lost Ark (@playlostark) April 23, 2022
📊 Server Capacity
ðŸ”§ General Fixes
🎁 Maint Compensation
Full details below!https://t.co/Qdp9nRAXD6
The developer addressed critical issues that plagued many following the April content update, released on 21st April 2022. Moreover, they have outlined general bug fixes in patch notes which we have detailed below.
Lost Ark 23 April hotfix update – Patch notes
Smilegate has detailed the critical issues players experienced after releasing Lost Ark's April content update. According to the developer, "We are working to address these critical issues and hope to increase player capacity back to normal after this update".
- Lost Ark Armen's Whereabouts quest - How to complete and rewards
- How to get and use the Token of Protection in Lost Ark
- Lost Ark server crash in timed or ticketed activities solution
- Lost Ark purchase failed error - How to fix
Below, we have detailed the complete patch notes according to the official post on the Lost Ark community forum, which was addressed in the latest hotfix update, including all general fixes and more.
- Fixed an issue with the Feiton Powerpass showing an expiration of 7 days after you've claimed it. For those that have already claimed it, we will fix that issue with our next update before the item expires.
- Ignea Token #14 and Omnium Star #7 now correctly display their respective rewards.
- Fixed an issue where Rift Pieces earned through the Express Mission were not able to be used at the vendor.
- To avoid confusion, we have removed the South Vern World Boss (Thunderwings) from appearing in the event calendar.
- Fixed an issue where the Stronghold feature for Punika Knowledge Transfer wasn't functioning as expected. This will resolve the issue for players who already used the Punika Knowledge Transfer on a character.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing users who bought the Monthly and Weekly Crystal packs from receiving their bonus crystals when their inventory was almost at max capacity.
- Fixed an issue where Noble Banquet Skin and Noble Banquet Weapon Skins bought with Crystals were not dyable.
Lost Ark 23 April hotfix update – Maintenance compensation
Smilegate addressed an issue on the servers in the EU Central region, which resulted in a mass outage across all regions. As they have noted that this caused "overall inconveniences" to all Lost Ark players, they have announced a maintenance compensation will be given to all players.
This maintenance compensation is a "one-time login bonus", which will be available for a week, ending on 30 April 2022 at 12 am PT / 7 am UTC. The items you can receive from this maintenance compensation are the following:
- Three days' worth of Crystalline Aura
- Aura of Resonance Recovery Elixirs x2
- Ascendant Honing Chests x3
Once you have claimed the Aura of Resonance Recovery Elixirs from the Product Inventory, you have 14 days to use the elixir. Upon consumption, this elixir will grant you x50 Aura of Resonance.
Furthermore, the Ascendant Honing Chest, once opened, will allow you to select any of the following gear honing materials:
- Star's Breathe x15 (Tier 1 gear)
- Moon's Breathe x15 (Tier 2 gear)
- Solar Protection x5 (Tier 3 gear)
- Solar Blessing x10 (Tier 3 gear)
- Solar Grace x30 (Tier 3 gear)
This completes the patch notes for the latest hotfix that has arrived in Lost Ark. Be sure to claim your maintenance compensation upon logging into the game, as you have until 30 April 2022 to earn these amazing compensation rewards.
Don't forget to check out our dedicated Lost Ark section for the latest news, updates, guides, leaks and more.
Featured image courtesy of Smilegate / Amazon Games.