Following the launch of Lost Ark's April content update, Battle for the Throne of Chaos, heroes of Arkesia has been working their way through a tonne of new content. In the early hours of the morning on 28th April 2022, developer Smilegate has unleashed the latest weekly update, filled with fixes, an extension for the Guardian Raid event, Express Mission adjustments and more.
Here's everything you need to know about the Lost Ark 28th April update, with the complete patch notes featuring all the fixes, and the expected server downtime.
Lost Ark 28th April update server downtime
As with every Lost Ark update, there is bound to be some server downtime, and the 28th April patch is no different.
- Lost Ark classes tier list - All classes ranked from best to worst
- Lost Ark A Nose for News quest - Location, how to complete and rewards
- Ark Pass rewards, levels and Premium price in Lost Ark
- Lost Ark Peyto Island – Location, quests and rewards
All Lost Ark servers and regions go down for maintenance on 28th April at 12 AM PT / 7 AM UTC / 9 AM CEST to deploy the latest update.
Downtime is expected to last roughly five (5) hours. This means you should be able to log in and play the game again at roughly 12:00 UTC.
Lost Ark Guardian Raid event extension, fixes & rewards
The developers have decided to extend the casual Lost Ark Guardian Raid event to 19th May 2022. This is to support player progression ahead of the May content update.
The Lost Ark 28th April update, therefore, adjusts the reward expiration dates for items received via the Guardian Raid event to the new 19th May 2022 date. Further, the developers have updated the rewards available for this event, and Gem Chests have been removed to fight bot farming.
New Guardian Raid weekly reward pool items:
- Legendary – Rare Card Pack (3)
- Regulus’ Light Currency Chest (1)
- Uncommon Class Engraving Chest (10)
- Uncommon Combat Engraving Chest (10)
- Rare Class Engraving Chest (10)
- Rare Combat Engraving Chest (10)
- Epic Class Engraving Chest (10)
- Epic Combat Engraving Chest (10)
The developers also noted that they are targeting the "third week of May" for the next content update.
Lost Ark Express Mission fixes
Several changes and fixes have been made to Lost Ark's Express Mission event with the 28th April update. Check out the patch notes for the Express Mission event below.
- Added a feature that allows players to change their Express Mission Event character if the T1 and T2 honing benefits from the event have not been previously used.
- Players can only change their designated Express Mission Event character one time.
- Please note that if a player deletes their Express Mission Event character, they will not be able to designate a new one.
- Updated the event so that only level 50 characters with an item level below 1100 can be designated as Express Mission Event characters.
- Updated the engravings available in the Engraving Selection Chests provided by the Express Mission Event. All engravings will now be available, and any claimed and unused selection chests will be updated retroactively to include the full selection of engravings.
- Updated the end date shown in the Event menu to reflect the event end date of July 28th.
- Players will still need to choose a character for Express Mission Event participation before the selection period ends on June 30th, but will be able to complete quests with their character until July 28th.
Learn more about Lost Ark's Express Mission event in our complete guide, and check out some additional changes from the developer.
Lost Ark 28th April patch notes - Additional fixes
There are a few additional fixes in the Lost Ark 28th April patch notes, which you can read about below.
- Replaced gold rewards from various early World and Stronghold quests with a variety of new rewards to prevent farming by bots.
- Updated Xereon’s dialogue during the Temporary Alliance quest in South Vern.
- Fixed an issue that caused debug text to be shown while placing an object in the Stronghold.
- Updated the expiration date on claimed Feiton Powerpasses to reflect the correct date of June 30th.
- Please note that ALL Feiton Powerpasses will expire on June 30th, regardless of when they were claimed.
So there you have it, the complete patch notes for the Lost Ark update released on 28th April 2022, including all the fixes and server downtime.
For more on the game, check out our section dedicated to Lost Ark guides, patch notes, and news.
Featured image courtesy of Smilegate / Amazon Games.