As players are jumping into the mammoth world of Arkesia with one of the game's unique classes, Lost Ark has already seen a tremendous amount of success with its launch in the West. The free-to-play title pairs the "best of ARPG combat and MMO depth", scratching that Diablo itch. Not everyone, however, can access Lost Ark, as some gamers are unable to connect to the servers.
In this guide, we tell you exactly how to fix your Firewall settings so you can circumvent the unable to connect issue in Lost Ark.
Unable to connect to Lost Ark servers
First and foremost, you should check if the Lost Ark servers are online, or possibly down for maintenance.
If the servers are online, and you've gone through our steps to fix lag and latency in Lost Ark, then there is one more suggestion to try - troubleshooting your Firewall.
For those on Windows, follow the steps below to add Lost Ark as an exception to the Operating System's built-in Firewall:
- Press Windows + R, type "firewall.cpl" into the Run window, and then press Enter.
- Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall and then click Change settings.
- Look for the game in the list of allowed apps and features. If it’s present, make sure it’s checked, and that both the Private and Public columns have a checkmark. If the game is missing from the list, you must add it.
- Click Allow another app..., locate and select LostArkLauncher.exe, and then click Add.
- Once you've done that, make sure that Lost Ark has checkmarks under both the Private and Public columns.
Keep in mind that these instructions come directly from Amazon Games.
If you are still unable to connect to Lost Ark and suspect it is a Firewall issue, we suggest temporarily disabling it to test the theory.
For those with third-party Firewalls, check for instructions on their specific, official websites on how to add an exception for Lost Ark.
If all else fails and you are still unable to connect to the Lost Ark servers, we suggest contacting Lost Ark support.
Hopefully, this will help heroes venturing into the world of Arkesia the ability to, well, actually start playing the game, defeating the evil Firewall issues boss in the process.
Don't forget to check out our dedicated, ever-expanding Lost Ark section for news, guides and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Amazon Game Studios.