After the game developers for Lost Ark initially teased the Wrath of the Covetous Legion update, and gave an overview of what players can expect, there was no going back until the time of release. That time is now, as a recent blog post on the Lost Ark website just dropped a bombshell of exciting news.
Follow along with this post to find a complete list of the Lost Ark Wrath of the Covetous Legion patch notes as the ultra-popular MMO continues to evolve with the ever-growing player base.
Lost Ark Wrath of the Covetous Legion - Full patch notes
Vykas Legion Raid
Vykas follows Valtan as the second Legion Raid arriving into the Western version of Lost Ark. In this raid, you’ll face dangerously beguiling members of the Covetous Legion before battling Legion Commander Vykas in her ‘Garden of Crimson Delight’. No revives are available mid-battle, so be ready to fight for your life. Vykas is an eight-player Legion raid, has 3 gates, and is complete with a swathe of new unique characteristics, abilities, and mechanics. Players will need to be Item Level 1430 to attempt Normal difficulty, and 1460 for Hard.
- Lost Ark Valtan Legion Raid - How to start, Sidereal Skills, rewards, and more
- Lost Ark Destroyer Advanced Class – Release date, skills, and more
- Lost Ark classes tier list - All classes ranked from best to worst
- How to get Lost Ark Roar emote - Blackfang location
The Relic Quality gear sets available at Legion Commander Gear Crafting NPCs require materials from both the Valtan and Vykas Legion Raids to craft a complete set. The Vykas Legion Raid introduces two new items that can be crafted into gear; Covetous Fangs for Legendary gear, and Covetous Wings for Relic gear. Players able to vanquish the three gates in the Vykas Legion Raid will be rewarded at each stage with increasingly desirable loot, matching the difficulty of those battles. Clearing each gate will grant Gold, Covetous Fangs and Wings, Relic Accessories and honing materials. The final gate can include additional special items, such as Engraving Recipes, Card Packs, and Honing Books. Additionally, after successfully clearing each gate, a bonus chest can be purchased with some of the Gold just earned, giving additional Gear-crafting and Honing materials, Accessories, and Ability Stones. The final gate of the Legion Raid will also kick off a loot auction when completed, allowing players to bid on a bonus Gear-crafting Material Chest, Engravings, Honing Books, and more.
Players can participate in Legion Raids after completing the guide quest ‘[Guide] Notice: Legion Raid’.
Kungelanium Guardian Raid
A fearsome force of evil in the Chain War, Kungelanium has awoken from his glacial slumber by the re-emergence of the Demon Legions and the Chaos spreading throughout Arkesia. Joining Deskaluda, the frost predator Kungelanium will enter the gauntlet of powerful Level 6 Guardians available to challenge in a Guardian Raid. Kungelanium will be available for players to challenge once they reach item level 1460 or higher. Like other Guardian Raids, you can attempt to vanquish alone, with a party, or matchmake with up to three other heroes.
Arriving in Arkesia with the Demonic invasion after the events in South Vern, The Demon's Tower is connected to Petrania— the world home to Kazeros's Demon Legions. A distorted dimension has been created by the resonance between Petrania and the Tower. The Holy Sacrian Empire has confirmed that Demons are invading through this dimension, and have named it Thronespire. The dimension is growing, and is threatening Arkesia. The priests and knights of the Holy Sacrian Empire are trying to hold their ground, but they're running short on supplies. Defeat the Demons pouring out of the Thronespire and defend Arkesia.
Thronespire is a new single-player dungeon experience in a twisted dimension with 50 levels. In Thronespire, you’ll battle until you run out of time, working to defeat as many levels and enemies as possible before you meet your match and succumb to the Demon Legions. Completing the first 25 levels grant first-time clear rewards (you’ll earn rewards for every level you conquer). The other 25 levels are focused on prestige and completion times— proving you have the solo skills it takes to conquer anything the Demon Legions throw your way. Players will need to be Item Level 1325 to participate.
Need some R&R after fighting the Demonic Legions in Arkesia’s hot summer months? Spend some time relaxing on the beach or dancing with your friends on the new event island: Heartbeat Island. You can find Heartbeat Island by speaking to Jollous, the festival expert located in major cities, or by sailing directly to it (located near Anikka). You do not need to complete a quest in a City to enter, and once you've visited, you can use the Ocean Liner to return!
Once you've arrived on Heartbeat Island you can collect Festival Coins through various activities, which can be exchanged for a variety of rewards. There are daily quests where you receive Festival Coins just by relaxing in a designated area, and hourly quests for dancing and defeating Rekiel, the Dancing Queen.
General & QoL Updates
- Added Stronghold Research that improves alternate characters’ honing rates on their journey to Item Level 1415. This can be researched at Item Level 1460.
- Added a CAPTCHA system as an ongoing bot prevention measure. Sometimes when entering a new zone, you may be asked to submit a text CAPTCHA response within several minutes.
- Refreshed the daily log-in reward track.
- Added new settings to change the Damage font size.
- Chest contents can now be sorted in alphabetical order.
- Added preventions to limit gold-seller activity. New store purchases will now have a 3 day waiting period before they can be traded or transferred out of the buyer’s account via mailing, trading, gifting, or selling on the Auction House.
- Updated some localization text and in-game terminology. For example, Tier 3 honing stones have changed from Guardian Stone Crystals to Crystallized Guardian Stones.
Two new cosmetic collections and new pets arrive in the store. There are also new Growth Support Packs and new item bundles in the in-game store packaging some existing items, such as Una’s completion tickets and card packs.
Growth Support Packs
Each pack can be purchased once per roster.
Growth Support Pack - available in exchange for 500 Royal Crystals. Contains:
- Destruction Stone Selection Pouch x5 - allowing one of these options to be selected from each chest:
- Tier 1 - Destruction Stone Fragment (Bound) x1000
- Tier 2 - Destruction Stone (Bound) x1000
- Tier 3 - Crystallized Destruction Stone (Bound) x200
- Guardian Stone Selection Pouch x12 - allowing one of these options to be selected from each chest:
- Tier 1 - Guardian Stone Fragment (Bound) x1000
- Tier 2 - Guardian Stone (Bound) x1000
- Tier 3 - Crystallized Guardian Stone (Bound) x200
- Honing Shard Selection Chest x10 - allowing one of these options to be selected from each chest:
- Tier 1 - Harmony Shard Pouch x3 (Bound) (L) (each contains 1,500 Shards)
- Tier 2 - Life Shard Pouch x3 (Bound) (L) (each contains 1,500 Shards)
- Tier 3 - Honor Shard Pouch x1 (Bound) (L) (each contains 1,500 Honor Shards)
Punika Growth Support Pack - available in exchange for 1,000 Royal Crystals. Contains:
- T3 Leapstone Selection Chest I x2 - allows one option to be selected from the chest:
- Honor Leapstones (Bound) x125
- Great Honor Leapstones (Bound) x25
- Ancient Platinum Coin x10 (each coin can be used to obtain 20,000 Silver)
- T3 Fusion Material Selection Chest I - allows one option to be selected from the chest:
- Simple Oreha Fusion Material (Bound) x60
- Basic Oreha Fusion Material (Bound) x50
- A Crystallized Destruction Stone Pouch (contains 1,000 Bound Crystallized Destruction Stones)
- Crystallized Guardian Stone Pouch x3 (each contains 1,000 Bound Crystallized Guardian Stones)
- Honor Shard Pouch (L) (Bound) x10 (each contains 1,500 Honor Shards)
Umar Cosmetic Collection
Shadow of Stern Cosmetic Collection
Notable Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue causing some two-tone hair/beard styles to render incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue causing some tattoos to be mirrored on the characters face.
- Fixed an issue causing the attack type of the Deathblade's Earth Cleaver ability to display incorrectly in the Skills menu.
- Fixed a rare issue where fewer enemies were spawned than needed to complete the “Shandi's Trial: Focusing” quest on Bamboo Island.
- Fixed an issue restricting guild nicknames to 6 characters.
- Fixed an issue blocking players from claiming Thirain's Amicable rapport reward.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect rewards to be shown for Thirain's Amicable rapport tier.
- Fixed an issue causing the incorrect amount of rapport points to be received when gifting a "Soundstone of Dawn" to Lenora.
- Fixed an issue causing the incorrect amount of rapport XP to be granted when gifting Prideholme's Neria a Prideholme Potato
- Fixed an issue causing movement to become blocked after an item was transferred to the pet inventory while the Cursor Control Method setting is set to 'Pick Up'.
- Fixed an issue causing the earned Gold Designation indicator to reset on the character selection screen after relaunching Lost Ark.
- Fixed an issue causing the on-screen keyboard to be shown each time players cycle through a page in the store while using a controller.
- Fixed an issue causing an indefinite loading icon to display in the Quality Upgrade menu after an item was selected and filter options were changed before the upgrade was attempted.
- Fixed an issue preventing the Mokoko Seed icon from turning gold in the Collectibles menu when all Mokoko Seeds within a respective area had been collected.
- Fixed an issue causing weekday names to not display correctly in the calendar while using French, German, or Spanish.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to dismantle the bound Shushire's Will skin.
- Fixed an issue allowing the Alar skin purchased with Crystals to be tradeable.
- Fixed an issue causing numbers to be cutoff in the honing menu when over 7 digits are displayed.
- Fixed an issue causing an additional currency box to be shown in the store.
- Fixed an issue causing mouse and keyboard keys to be shown during the prologue while a controller was in use.
- Fixed an issue causing a keyboard key to be shown to skip a cinematic when a controller was in use.
- Fixed an issue causing a keyboard key to be shown during the "Town Where Light Lingers" quest when a controller was in use.
- Fixed an issue causing inconsistent reset times to be shown for the Farm within the Stronghold.
- Fixed an issue causing the reset button to not function within the ‘Accessibility’ tab of the settings menu.
- Fixed an issue causing the "Crystal Benefactor" title to be considered new each time Lost Ark was launched.
- Fixed an issue causing Seto's loot to not be retrievable if he is killed in the “rainbow room” within Naruna's Hot Spring.
- Fixed an issue causing level 12 recommended skills appear in the Book of Coordination.
- Included a speculative fix to address various UI elements, such as items, to get stuck on the cursor and blocking future actions. We will continue monitoring to see if this issue occurs after the update.
For more on the popular MMO title, head over to our section dedicated to the latest Lost Ark guides, news, tips, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Smilegate.