Amazon Games has announced Lost Ark's roadmap for 2023, which includes details about the upcoming August 2023 update that will bring Pet Ranch where you can spend time with your pets, new Maharaka Festival activities, etc. Apart from this, it will also bring quality-of-life updates, progression events, engraving updates, and more.
Here is everything you need to know about Lost Ark's August 2023 update, including its release date, details about Pet Ranch, Maharaka Festival's new activities, and more.
Lost Ark August 2023 Update Release Date
Amazon Games hasn't revealed the exact release date for Lost Ark's August 2023; however, we can expect it to launch around August 10. We will update this page once we get an official announcement regarding it.
Lost Ark August 2023 Update Content
Here is everything coming to Lost Ark's August 2023 update and their complete details:
The Pet Ranch is a fun place to grow with your pet as you explore, learn, and get rewards. You need to unlock the farm, the cave, and have a pet and then complete the 'Yay, Pet Ranch!’ quest. You will then have to keep your pet happy, manage its functions, and earn Jelly Cookies that you can swap for amazing rewards.
Maharaka Festive Part 2: Blooming Mokokos
The Maharaka Festival is getting more exciting, with new activities coming to the August Update. Collect lucky leaves from the Maharaka Tree in Maharaka Paradise that you will be able to exchange for awesome rewards like mounts, animal skins, and more.
- A Powerpass
- An upgraded Hyper Express Event
- When players participate in the express event, they will receive gear and skills.
- The honing boost will last up to Item Level 1490, with additional support up to Item Level 1540.
- Rewards, including gems, will be better than previous Hyper Express events.
Consolidated T1 and T2
To get to T3 fast, Amazon Games will make it easier for you to go through the early stages of the game by merging some of the early Tiers of Lost Ark the following way.
- The Tier 2 Item Level phase will be adjusted from 802 - 1225 to 500 - 1100.
- Original T1 / T2 weapons and armor will be updated to new T2 gear.
- Eliminated negative accessory engraving effects in T2, and one of the engravings on accessories will be a Class Engraving.
- Abyssal Dungeons
- Gear looted or crafted from Abyssal Dungeons and Abyss Raids will have Gear Set Effects. Crafting recipes will also be adjusted.
- Wipe mechanics will be adjusted in many Abyssal Dungeons to help new players to learn the game. Players will no longer be wiped, but receive damage instead.
- T2 gems will be removed.
- Players can increase skill tree level starting in T1.
- To minimize fatigue and help players feel they are progressing, Guardian Raid entry levels and rewards will be changed.
- 'Gatherable Expansion Level 1' research will be removed, 'Gatherable Expansion Level 2' will be changed to 'Gatherable Expansion Level 1'
- Some research related to the Farm will be removed & changed.
- T2-related crafting recipes will be removed.
- T2 Caldarr Spice will no longer be used.
- Tower stages will be changed to fit the Tier consolidation. Both Shadowspire and Fatespire will have 20 floors. Item Level entry requirements will be adjusted, and the difficulties and rewards will be rebalanced.
- Engraving System Unlock Level will be changed to Lv. 50
- Some engravings can be obtained and used before Lv. 50
- If the engraving system is already open, the engraving can be applied the same way as before even after the update.
- Starting levels of all engravings will be Lv.1 upon unlocking the engraving system.
- Since all engravings can be used after unlocking the system, Uncommon Engraving Recipes will be removed from game (in-game compensations rewarding these will be added).
Tier 3 Progression Updates
- The first phase of T3 will be updated from Item Level 1302 - 1490 to 1250 - 1490.
- The Leapstones used during this phase will be "Great Honor Leapstone".
- 'Common Oreha Fusion Material' will become a Rare grade 'Oreha Fusion Material'.
- 'Simple Oreha Fusion Material' will become a legacy item (no longer can be used).
- Original Item Level 1302 and 1340 gear will be consolidated into one gear set. Honing Levels will be compressed accordingly. The new gear can be honed up to gear level 20. As the max gear level gets adjusted from 25 to 20, gear levels and honing levels will be adjusted.
- Crafting ingredients for each Relic Legion Commander Gear set (item level 1340) will be unified.
- Weapon and Gloves can be crafted with 'Covetous Wings' from Vykas.
- Head, Shoulder, Chest, and Pants can be crafted with 'Demonic Beast's Bone' from Valtan.
- Due to the adjustments at T3 1302-1490, the required Item Level when using certain items will change, and some Stronghold research at that phase will be adjusted or removed.
- Enhanced Rewards in earlier raids will be improved.
- Increased drop rate of accessories with class engravings for Relic gear.
- Lv. 4 and 5 Skill Tree Amulets will be added to the Legion Raid Exchange Merchant and can be obtained through gameplay in Valtan, Vykas, Kayangel, Phantom Astalgia Déjà Vu, Midnight Circus Rehearsal, and Akkan.
- Increased the scope of the Mokoko Buff and Procyon’s Protection to Item Level 1490.
Quality of Life
- Increase battle item support in Guardian Raids up to Kungelanium (Item Level 1460).
- Ship skin’s cosmetic and effect will be separated in settings for convenience.
- Waiting times for event islands will be eliminated.
- Sailing coins and keys will be consolidated and changed from 5 to 2.
- Reducing Sailing quests and playtime. Gate quests will be removed, and their rewards will be rebalanced as rewards for other content.