Developed by Eidos-Montréal and published by Square Enix, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy is out now on consoles and PC. Gamers can jump into the jet-powered boots of Star-Lord, aka Peter Quill and lead his squad. The game will take well over a dozen hours to beat and thanks to player choices having consequences, there's a lot of replay value. While there are many choices to make in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, the first choice with significant consequences tasks players to decide if they should hide the creature or the tech. In this guide, we outline what happens when you make either choice and the longer-lasting effects.
Hide the creature or the tech
First up, this choice is posed to the player in Chapter 2 of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy. The creature is a llama, just so we are clear on this.
Warning: Spoilers to follow below the image of Nova Corps. You've been warned...
Following players picking up the llama, they will get arrested by Nova Corp. You will then receive a choice between "Hide the creature" and "Hide the tech".
Check out the consequences of choosing to hide the creature or the tech in Chapter 2 of Guardians of the Galaxy below, as well as the rewards.
Hide the creature choice and rewards:
- If you hide the creature, Nova Corp will find the hidden tech and take it away.
- Players will be fined 7,000 units.
- Additional tech in the form of Homing Missiles won't be unlocked for your spaceship later in the game.
- Via a mini-game later in the campaign, players will notice the llama chewed holes in the wall, making your escape arguably easier.
Hide the tech choice and rewards:
- When choosing to hide the tech, Nova Corp will find the llama but you will be able to keep it, as well as the tech.
- Players will be fined 8,000 units.
- Players will later unlock the Homing Missiles tech to use.
- Via a mini-game later in the campaign, you will need to direct the llama to help you escape by singing to it.
Basically, if you don't mind forking out the extra 1,000 units to Nova Corps, the best choice here is to hide the tech.
So there you have it, the consequences of hiding the llama or the tech during Chapter 2 of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.
For everything Marvel, including the Guardians of the Galaxy game, check out our dedicated section featuring news, opinions, guides and more.
Featured image courtesy of Square Enix.