When you register for an online game for the first time, you might want to get in quickly, not really paying much attention to your nickname. Then, the inevitable happens; you get hooked and play the game for hundreds of hours.
With Garena Free Fire being one of the most popular mobile esports in the world, this scenario has probably happened to a lot of gamers when first registering for 111Dots Studio's Battle Royale.
If you are unhappy about your rash decision to type in any nickname you can think of just to get into Garena Free Fire as quickly as possible, then we've got you covered. Here's a step-by-step guide to change your nickname in Garena Free Fire.
Garena Free Fire nickname change
- First off, you need to open the game on your mobile device.
- Head to the profile section in the upper left corner of the title screen
- At the upper left corner, tap on the yellow Notebook icon (just below your in-game nickname)
- You will now see a pop-up on the screen where you can change your Garena Free Fire nickname
- Pay 390 Diamonds to change your Garena Free Fire nickname
The last point is obviously a bit of a letdown, especially since the game's competitor, PUBG Mobile, allows players to change their nickname for free.
Unfortunately, there is no way around paying 390 Diamonds. Free Fire Diamonds are, of course, the game's premium currency, which means you will have to open your wallet. However, you can also earn them slowly by completing tasks in-game, with the latest being the Wonderland event egg hunt.
There are some other, unscrupulous ways to earn some Diamonds. We do not recommend you use unofficial ways to get Diamonds in the game, as it could get your account banned. Instead, you should follow these instructions if you want to change your nickname in Garena Free Fire.