The newest Cursed Possession in Phasmophobia is called the Monkey Paw, which gives players some incredibly unique abilities as they play. Not only does it allow you to revive other players, but the Monkey Paw can also tip you off to the ghost's identity if you ask it the right wish at the right time!
If you're looking for this Cursed Possession or you've gotten your hands on a Monkey Paw in Phasmophobia and you're wondering how to use it, read on. In this guide, we'll explain everything you need to know about the new Monkey Paw added in the v.0.1.8.0 update.
What Is The Monkey Paw In Phasmophobia?
The Monkey Paw is a new Cursed Possession added to Phasmophobia in the v.0.8.1.0 update. The Monkey Paw can grant users' wishes, allowing them to do things they could not before - such as reviving teammates - or giving them important information about the ghost's identity. However, these granted wishes also come with negative effects.
The Monkey Paw has a 1 in 7 chance of spawning in to a map as the Cursed Possession.
Where To Find Monkey Paw In Phasmophobia
The Monkey Paw spawns in a set location on each map. If you're looking out for the Monkey Paw, here's where you should check first.
- Bleasdale Farmhouse: Second Floor Nursery Room, on a chest near the cradle.
- Brownstone Highschool: Lobby, sitting on a box next to the right pillar.
- Camp Woodwind: On Lover’s Bench, which can be found directly behind the Blue Tent.
- Edgefield Streethouse: Second Floor Nursery Room, near the cradle.
- Grafton Farmhouse: First Floor Twins' Bedroom on the desk.
- Maple Lodge Campsite: Walk to the end of the pier and look on the chair.
- Prison: Walk into the Prison. Immediately on your right, look on the desk next to the metal detector.
- Ridgeview Roadhouse: Second Floor Right Bedroom. The item can be found on a table.
- Sunny Meadows: Inside the chapel, the Monkey Paw can be found propped up against the cross.
- Tanglewood Streethouse: Dining Room, inside the cabinets.
- Willow Streethouse: Look out for the hallway that separates the bedroom and basement. From there, look inside the cabinet.
How To Use Monkey Paw In Phasmophobia
To use the Monkey Paw, you'll first need to pick up the Monkey Paw and then speak your wish through the microphone. There are nine different known wishes you can use with the Monkey Paw, which result in a variety of effects. However, when you make a wish with the Monkey Paw, the positive effects of your wish usually also come with a negative one. For example, if you say, "I wish for Sanity," your team's Sanity will be reset to an average of 50% but it will drain faster over time.
Tips For Using And Finding Monkey Paw Wishes
Depending on your difficulty level or reward multiplier, you will receive a set number of wishes that you can use with the Monkey Paw:
- 0x – 1.9x Rewards: 5 wishes
- 2x – 2.9x Rewards: 4 wishes
- 3x Rewards or higher: 3 wishes
You can find wishes for the Monkey Paw scattered around Sunny Meadows. These wishes are not necessary to use the Monkey Paw and instead are just a note to help you remember which ones you can use.
Don't forget to take a photo of the Monkey Paw before you head out. You'll earn up to $5 and 5XP just for snapping a quick picture.