There are also new social features and much more, which you can read about in our separate article regarding the PUBG Mobile 1.6 Resistance update. If you can't wait to enjoy the new update and you are having issues downloading it, then don't worry! We've got you covered.
PUBG Mobile 1.6 update APK and OBB download links
First and foremost, we always recommend downloading the latest PUBG Mobile update from the official Google Play Store page.
If you aren't currently able to download the update via the Google Play Store or the update still isn't available in your region, then we have links to the game APK and OBB files for you to download and install on your Android device.
The update will require around 690 MB of free storage space for Android devices.
- APK Download Link
- OBB Download Link (waiting to be released)
How to install PUBG Mobile 1.6 update APK
Follow the steps below to download and install the PUBG Mobile 1.6 update:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network before downloading the APK file (recommended).
- Ensure that you have sufficient storage space on your device. We recommend having at least 2 GB free.
- Allow apps to be installed from unknown sources. To do this, navigate to your device's "Settings > Safety and Privacy" menus and select "Install apps from Unknown Sources."
- Navigate to your device's Downloads folder and install the APK file by tapping the Install button.
- After the APK file is installed, move the OBB file to Android > OBB > com.pubg.mobile.
- Launch the game and log in with your credentials.
- You can now delete the APK file from the Downloads folder.
Please note: you may still need to download an in-game patch with additional content, so make sure that you are still connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Update to the new version between September 14 and September 19 (UTC 0) to receive:
The Justice Defender Backpack (3d) ×1
So there you have it, the PUBG Mobile 1.6 update download links for both the APK and the OBB file. Have fun experiencing all the new Season 6 content!
Don't forget to check out our dedicated PUBG section for guides, news, and much more.
Header image via Krafton.