In Pokémon Legends Arceus, we're travelling back to ancient times to explore the Hisui region and uncover the mystery behind the space-time rift that has appeared above Mount Coronet and the temple that stands atop its peak.
While doing this, we will also learn about the region itself, its many secrets and wild Pokemon, which we will methodically survey and record our findings in our Pokédex.
And then there's Arceus, the Alpha Pokémon, enveloping the whole story with its mysterious clues and messages from the very beginning of the game.
You will eventually learn more about Arceus as you progress through the main story, but we know that many players are wondering if you would be able to catch this omnipotent Pokemon and have it on your roster.
Well, let's find out.
Can you catch Arceus in Pokémon Legends: Arceus?
Introduced in Generation 4, Arceus is notorious as an incredibly hard-to-catch Pokemon even before getting its own game. Since his introduction, you were only able to catch it a few times, and it was never an easy and straightforward task to complete.
So, can you catch Arceus in Pokémon Legends: Arceus? Yes, yes you can.
The first thing you need to do is to complete the game and catch all 240 Pokémon in the Hisui Pokédex.
You don't need to reach research Level 10 for all of them, you only need to have them registered in your Pokédex.
Once you met the requirements, follow these steps:
- Talk with Professor Laventon.
- He will congratulate you for completing your Pokédex and direct you to the Temple of Sinnoh, located at the top of Mount Coronet.
- Once there, climb to the top platform and hit A to play the Azure Flute.
- This will trigger the cutscene and you will meet with Arceus for the first time.
- Once the cutscene is complete, you will need to battle the Pokémon in order to catch it.
- When you manage to beat him, he will automatically be added to your roster.
And that's it, now you know what you need to do in order to catch Arceus in Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
Featured image courtesy of Nintendo / The Pokémon Company.