This week in Season 12 of the Pokémon GO Battle League, there are only two Leagues to choose from including the Master Premier Classic. Shown as the ML Premier Classic in-game, this modified League is a great way for Trainers to have a better shot at one of the toughest competitions in the game.
The other open League this week is the normal Master League, and anything goes in this bracket. Those who want to jump into the Master Premier Classic will have more rules to follow, and that means more room for shifts in the meta. Our guide will go over the best picks for this classic League.
Master League Premier Classic - Best Picks in Pokémon GO
For those that jump into the ML Premier Classic, there are a couple of rules you'll need to follow before you pick any Pokémon. First and foremost is the removal of Mythical and Legendary Pokémon. Along with that ban, there are also no XL Candy leveled options for teams either. This leaves far more room for players that don't have access to top-tier Legendaries and XL Candy.
- Pokémon GO Cosmoem – Best Moveset, Counters & Weaknesses
- All Shiny Pokémon Featuring In Pokémon GO Evolving Stars Event
- Can Xerneas Be Shiny In Pokémon GO?
- Pokémon GO Evolving Stars - Start Date, Cosmoem, Raids, More
With that said, you'll still have to deal with the unlimited CP cap in Pokémon GO, so high-level players still have the advantage. However, we'll give you ten of the best picks and their most effective moves so you have a higher chance regardless of level.
- Dragonite - Dragon Breath (Fast) and Dragon Claw / Superpower (Charged)
- Florges - Fairy Wind (Fast) and Disarming Voice / Moonblast (Charged)
- Togekiss - Charm (Fast) and Ancient Power / Flamethrower (Charged)
- Gyarados - Dragon Breath (Fast) and Aqua Tail / Crunch (Charged)
- Garchomp - Mud Shot (Fast) and Earth Power / Outrage (Charged)
- Primarina - Charm (Fast) and Moonblast / Hydro Pump (Charged)
- Metagross - Bullet Punch (Fast) and Meteor Mash / Earthquake
- Snorlax - Lick (Fast) and Body Slam / Superpower (Charged)
- Sneasler - Shadow Claw (Fast) and Close Combat / X-Scissor (Charged)
- Kommo-o - Dragon Tail (Fast) and Close Combat / Dragon Claw
When you're choosing from these 10 picks, you'll need to make sure that the attacks match up for the best result. If you choose different attacks, or are missing some, they may drop down the rankings in comparison.
It's also important to pick the right team chemistry before you jump into the Pokémon GO Master League Premier Classic. That means having a good lead, mixes in damage types, and closers that can finish the battle. Within no time, you'll have all the wins that you need.
For all the awesome content, check out our section dedicated to Pokémon news, updates, guides, features, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Niantic / The Pokémon Company.