Niantic unveiled its October 2022 content plan for Pokémon GO, including new Raids, Spotlight Hours, and live events. In addition, there are more in-game events to look forward to, including the upcoming Evolving Stars event as part of the current Season of Light update.
Throughout this event, Trainers can continue Cosmog’s storyline, which will coincide with the debut of its evolution, Cosmoem. This guide will explore this legendary Pokémon’s base stats and weaknesses to determine the best counters and movesets to use in Pokémon GO.
Pokémon GO Cosmoem – Best Counters And Weaknesses
As a Psychic-type Pokémon, Cosmoem is most vulnerable to Bug, Dark, and Ghost-type Pokémon. Therefore, these are the best monsters to counter Cosmoem’s attacks when encountering the Pokémon in various situations, including Raids in Pokémon GO.
Stones, scales, and friendship—evolution occurs in all kinds of ways in Pokémon GO!— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) September 28, 2022
From October 5, 2022, through October 11, 2022, we’re celebrating how Trainers and Pokémon alike have evolved and grown—it’s time for Evolving Stars!
Below we have suggested the best Bug, Ghost, and Dark-type counters that Trainers should use when encountering Cosmoem:
- Pheromosa: Bug Bite; Bug Buzz
- Vikavolt: Bug Bite; X-Scissor
- Escavalier: Bug Bite; Megahorn
- Gengar/Mega Gengar: Hex, Lick, Shadow Claw; Shadow Ball, Shadow Punch
- Chandelure: Hex; Shadow Ball
- Hoopa (Confined & Unbound): Astonish, Shadow Ball
- Giratina: Shadow Claw; Ominous Wind, Shadow Ball
- Haunter: Shadow Claw; Shadow Ball
- Banette/Shadow Banette: Hex, Shadow Claw; Shadow Ball
- Hydreigon: Bite; Brutal Swing
- Darkrai: Feint Attack, Snarl; Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball
- Weavile/Shadow Weavile: Feint Attack, Snarl; Foul Play
- Yveltal: Snarl, Sucker Punch; Dark Pulse
Pokémon GO Cosmoem – Best Moveset & Stats
While it’s not confirmed how Trainers can obtain Cosmoem in Pokémon GO, if they caught Cosmog from the Special Research event, A Cosmic Companion, they can evolve it to Cosmoem with 25 Cosmog Candy and Stardust.
- Can Xerneas Be Shiny In Pokémon GO?
- Pokémon GO October 2022 Spotlight Hours - All Featured Pokémon
- Pokémon GO Legendary And Mega Raid Boss Schedule (October 2022)
- Can Mareanie Be Shiny In Pokémon GO? - Answered
With more information to follow before the launch of the Evolving Stars event, Cosmoem will be making its in-game debut as Trainers continue following Cosmog’s storyline in Pokémon GO.
To maximize Cosmoem’s attacks in combat and determine which moveset is best, we’ve listed the Pokémon’s base stats, including its attack and Combat Power (CP):
- ATK: 54
- DEF: 242
- STA: 125
- CP range: 350 -817
- CP range with Weather Boost: 583 - 759
Cosmoem’s most powerful moveset is its Fast Attack, Splash, and the Charged Attack, Struggle. The latter has a Weather Boost of 35 and a DPS of 15.91; however, the move is ineffective against Rock and Steel-type attacks.
As stated earlier, it’s yet to be determined if the legendary Pokémon will appear as a Raid Boss encounter or as a reward when completing the event’s Field Research tasks.
That concludes our combat guide on the best moveset, counters, and weaknesses for Cosmoem in Pokémon GO.
For all the awesome content, check out our section dedicated to Pokémon news, updates, guides, features, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Niantic / The Pokémon Company.