New Pokémon Snap is now available worldwide, after a long wait from fans of the franchise who will be able to experience the sequel to the Nintendo 64 title, with a new adventure through the Lensis region and more than 200 Pokémon to find.
To celebrate the release of this new exclusive Nintendo Switch title, Niantic has prepared a big limited-time event where players can obtain special encounters and rewards, completing missions based on photography.
Pokémon GO x New Pokémon Snap: Quests and rewards
Starting with the Timed Research missions, here you will need to test your photograph skills as well as your exploration instinct by searching for certain Pokémon in the wild, which will have a bigger chance of appearing on the map.
Below you will see all the available quests, along with each of their rewards:
Phase 1 of 4
- Take a Snapshot of Metapod, Aipom or Lotad in the wild: 5 PokéBalls
- Use 3 Berries to help catch Pokémon: Bunnelby encounter
- Take 3 Snapshots of wild Pokémon: Meowth encounter
Rewards: 750 XP, 5 Nanab Berries, Dodrio encounter
Phase 2 of 4
- Take a Snapshot of Sandshrew, Trapinch or Cacnea in the wild: 10 PokéBalls
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokémon: Sandshrew encounter
- Take 3 Snapshots of wild Ground Pokémon: Onix encounter
Rewards: 1250 XP, 5 Razz Berries, Skamory encounter
Phase 3 of 4
- Take a Snapshot of Chinchou, Finneon or Ducklett in the wild: 10 Great Balls
- Use 7 Berries to help catch Pokémon: Wailmer encounter
- Take 3 Snapshots of wild Water Pokémon: Qwilfish encounter
Rewards: 2000 XP, 5 Pinap Berries, Matine encounter
Phase 4 of 4
- Take 15 Snapshots of Wild Pokémon: 10 Great Balls
- Take a Snapshot of Dodrio, Mantine or Skamory in the wild: Skorupi encounter
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokémon: 1000 Stardust
Rewards: 8000 XP, Clamperl encounter
We continue with the Field Research tasks, which you can activate by going to a PokéStop and will remain enabled regardless of whether the event has already ended, so don't worry if you can't complete any of these in time.
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokémon reward: Croagunk, Stunfisk, Stunky, Wooper or Wurmple encounter
- Use 5 Golden Razz Berries to help catch Pokémon reward: Alolan Vulpux or Lapras encounter
- Take a Snapshot of a wild Pokémon reward: 3 Pinap Berries or Razz Berries
- Take 5 Snapshots of wild Pokémon reward: Dodrio, Skarmory or Mantine encounter
Pokémon GO x New Pokémon Snap: Featured Pokémon and content
Smeargle the Painter Pokémon, will be doing its thing again photobombing your pictures when taking a Snapshot, so you will have the possibility of randomly finding it, up to 15 times per day during each day of the event.
Also, being the featured Pokémon of the celebration, players will have the chance to find it in its Shiny Form, as well as all the Pokémon you will encounter as part of the rewards of the missions we covered above.
Pokémon inspired by the Lental region, like Vaporeon, Meganium, and Trapinch, will also be appearing more often in raids and in the wild, including among these:
Finally and to accompany your trip, a new camera avatar item will be available in your inventory if you log in during the entire event for free, while a camera-themed Gift sticker can be found in both the in-game store and from PokéStops.
The Pokémon GO x New Pokémon Snap celebration event will be available from 29th April at 10 am, to 2nd May at 8 pm, local time.