Ubisoft is finally releasing the massive Rainbow Six Siege Y6S1.3 update today, 3rd May 2021 for all platforms. In the Y6S1.3 patch notes preview, we've already learned about balance changes to Operators, including highly-anticipated buffs to Tachanka, as well as some weapon balancing and more. Here's everything you need to know about the R6 Y6S1.3 update, including the release time on each platform, and the full patch notes.
Rainbow Six Siege Y6S1.3 release time & download size
Ubisoft is deploying the Rainbow Six Siege Y6S1.3 update on 3rd May 2021.
Different platforms appear to have different release times for the Rainbow Six Siege Y6S1.3 update.
- PC release time - 13:00 GMT
- Xbox release time - 14:00 GMT
- PlayStation release time - 15:00 GMT
Downtime is expected to last for one hour.
Check out the Rainbow Six Siege Y6S1.3 download size for each platform below.
- Ubisoft Connect: 986.80 MB
- Steam: 770.98 MB
- Xbox One: 1.64 GB
- Xbox Series X: 1.52 GB
- PS4: 1.40 GB
- PS5: 1.42 GB
While there are a lot of fixes and changes in the Rainbow Six SIege Y6S1.3 patch notes, the download size is thankfully quite small.
Rainbow Six Siege Y6S1.3 patch notes - Operator balance
There are several Operator balance changes in the Rainbow Six Siege Y6S1.3 patch notes.
Let's kick things off with the balance changes to Tachanka, followed by another four Operators who've received changes in the latest R6 Siege update.
- Increased magazine capacity to 7 (was 5)
- Increased fire duration to 7s (was 5s)
- Reduced detonation time to 0.75s (from 1s)
- Increased fire area radius to 1.9m (from 1.7m)
- Increased projectile “distance to start drop” to 20m (was 8m)
- Increased projectile speed to 30 (from 20)
- Reduced equip time to 0.65s (from 0.9s)
- Reduced unequip time to 0.3s (from 0.42s)
- Replaced Smoke Grenades with Claymore
- The S.E.L.M.A. will destroy Black Mirror Window
- Reduced C7E magazine capacity to 25+1 bullets (from 30+1)
- Reduced C7E damage to 42 (from 46)
- Reduced 416-C magazine capacity to 25+1 (was 30+1)
- Increased 416-C weapon recoil vertical kick
- Replace claymore with smoke grenades
Weapon changes in R6 Siege Y6S1.3 update
Ubisoft is giving Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) more sight options to give players more freedom in their options while keeping the intended focus of the weapons.
- Removed access to 1.0x scopes
- Gave access to 1.5x, 2.0x, and 2.5x sights
- 3.0x as default option
Player Comfort Rainbow Six Siege
Removal of Tactical Realism
- Removed the Tactical Realism playlist type from Custom Games.
- Added Interface Preferences to the Options menu that allow players to enable and disable some HUD parameters.
- All Tactical Realism playlists that have been saved by players will be removed.
- Stats micro-app is coming to Ubisoft Connect overlay.
- Discover your stats and compare them with your friends.
- Discover your playstyle as an Attacker and as a Defender.
R6 Siege Game Health
Ranked Match Cancellation
- A vote to cancel a match can only be triggered during the Preparation Phase in the first round of the match.
- When a player refrains from voting, it is considered a "no" vote instead of not being counted.
- The vote is still decided by the majority, with ties going in favor of a cancel.
R6 Siege Y6S1.3 Bug Fixes
- FIXED – Attackers can use 2 drones to push the planted defuser inside the objective room.
- FIXED – Environmental destruction is not replicated for a player who joins an in-progress match.
- FIXED – Players who leave a Ranked or Unranked match are sometimes unable to rejoin and get infinite loading.
- FIXED – Players are able to get double MMR if 4 players leave the match and rejoin.
- FIXED – Explosions can destroy Bandit's Shock Wire through reinforced walls and indestructible floors.
- FIXED – Cancelling a Ranked queue may result in an Abandon Penalty, even if the player never joined a match.
- FIXED – The drone can see through the curtains above the window near 1F Red Stairs on Villa map.
- FIXED – Doorway on the eastern side of 2F Bedroom is blocked if the player is AFK on Club House map.
- FIXED – Player is able to glitch inside of the car located in Garage on House map.
- FIXED – Drones get stuck inside the pile of wood in EXT Stable on Villa map.
- FIXED – Payphones have no collision with Operators on Outback map.
- FIXED – The spotlight in 1F Waiting Room no longer illuminates the environment when looking at it from 1F Customs Inspection on Border map.
- FIXED – Defenders can be detected outdoors when they stand near the door frame in 1F Waiting Room on Border map.
- FIXED – Collision issues around windows on Consulate map.
- FIXED – Player is able to plant the defuser between the bomb sites in 1F Main Lobby on Border map.
- FIXED – Attackers have unfair line of sight through a drone vent from EXT Office Balcony to 1F Bedroom on Skyscraper map.
- FIXED – Various LOD issues on Outback map.
- FIXED – Multiple collision issues on Chalet map on Xbox Series X.
- FIXED – Echo's Yokai and Mozzie's captured drones lose their signal on the stairs in B Snowmobile Garage Corridor on Chalet map.
- FIXED – When Flores' RCE-Ratero Charge detonates, its HUD remains on screen.
- FIXED – Player with RFF is able to eliminate Caveira while she is interrogating an Attacker.
- FIXED – Minor cosmetic and UI issues.
- FIXED – Localization issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Various Audio, SFX, and Animation issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Infinite loading present if the player starts a match replay and enters the Options menu before the Operator reveal ends.
- FIXED – Error is received when attempting to purchase currency packs or digital content from the first party store in-game on PS5.
- FIXED – Inconsistent difficulty for Flores in the Battle Pass section and the Operators section
- FIXED – Player is kicked from Squad after changing their spoken language on Xbox.
So there you have it, the full Rainbow Six Siege Y6S1.3 patch notes.
Stay tuned for everything Rainbow Six Siege with our dedicated section featuring news, guides and everything in between.