To the excitement of many, the Y6S4 update will also bring noticeable changes to the 2019 map Outback. It's a relatively new map and it certainly came with its issues, namely being hard to navigate.
It looks as though the Rainbow Six Seige team has addressed the issues and made appropriate adjustments to provide a better gameplay experience. Here's everything you need to know about the R6 Siege Y6S4 Outback map rework.
Outback map rework - R6 Siege Y6S4
With the hope of improving the Outback map to the point where it would be suitable for pro league and ranked gameplay, R6 Siege game devs spoke with pros about what could be done to rework the map. One of the major takeaways was improving the mobility and flexibility of the map, as its overall constricted feel made it a bit clunky.
Some areas of Outback were expanded to prevent choke points, while others were scaled down to encourage gamers to explore some of the newly edited sections. Here's a list of noted changes so far:
- Party Room and Office are now easier to defend
- Added exterior breakable wall and office supply
- The Restaurant split into two rooms between Shark
- Provides more cover and navigation options
- Open Terrace is now closed
- Added connection points to Piano and Resto
- The Hotel is now decluttered
- Cleaned up many of props and moved the closet
- Doms Laundry is now Laundry Piano
- Easier to defend, fewer windows
- Read more: R6 Siege Y6S4 High Calibre operator balance changes, buffs, nerfs: Finka, Valkyrie, Echo, Mozzie, Maestro
Check out our dedicated Rainbow Six: Siege page for all the latest news surrounding the exciting Y6S4 release. We'll have all the latest Operator updates, buffs, nerfs, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Ubisoft.