Roblox display names were introduced in 2021 as a new way for users to express themselves on the platform, and many users change their display names often.
Usernames are unique to each player, meaning that they are an identifier that anyone can recognize you by; no one can have the same username as you. Display names, on the other hand, tend to be more self-expressive, and multiple users can have the same display name.
Users can change their display names pretty often. Here's everything you need to know about how to change your display name and express yourself in Roblox.
How to change Roblox Display Name
Your display name is a way that people will recognize you in Roblox, so it's important to have a display name that you like. Your display name will show up in others' friend's list and hover over your avatar's head when you play.
- Top 15 Roblox games to play in 2022
- Roblox Delivery Simulator codes - Free cash, items, upgrades and more
- Roblox Legends of Speed codes - Free gems, steps and more
- Roblox All Star Tower Defense redeem codes - Free gems, gold, and more
If you don't set a display name at all, your display name will show as your username, which many users don't want.
To change your Display Name, just follow these steps:
- Go to your Account Info
- Find “Display Name”
- Click Edit
- Change your Display Name
- Hit save
Now, your display name should change in-game.
Roblox Display Name Rules
In order for your Roblox display name to be approved, you will need to follow some basic rules. Because Roblox is a family-friendly game, display names cannot be inappropriate in any way.
According to the Roblox site, your username:
- Needs to pass Roblox's text filter to ensure it meets Roblox's Community Rules
- Can’t match usernames belonging to high-profile users
- Must be between 3-21 characters
- Should only include letters, numbers, and underscores
- Can only be changed every seven days
An important rule to note is that users can only change their display name once every seven days; if you change your display name at 19:00 on Monday, you'll need to wait until 19:00 the next Monday to change it again.
Hopefully, this guide has helped you figure out how to change your display name in Roblox!
If you're a frequent Roblox player or just getting into the game and want to learn more with guides, tips, and news, take a look at our Roblox category for more content.
Featured image courtesy of Roblox.