Rogue Company is set to get another update, with further expanding on the third-person multiplayer shooter which for all its qualities isn't quite a fully developed title.
Hi-Rez knows that though, and the Vice update, which contains many of the features promised in their Phase One roadmap includes a new map, named Vice, a shooting range for you to improve your aim and ability usage. Match deserters are also set to get a harder time of it with the introduction of queue penalties for those that leave a game before the completion.
We haven't seen too much from Vice yet except some promo shots, but with the patch notes out today it's been confirmed to be playable in the Practice Extraction, Strikeout and Demolition game modes.
Vice is the latest map to make it into Rogue Company (Picture: Hi-Rez)
The update is scheduled for release on 17th August - here are the highlights of the new patch plus the full patch notes so you know what you are getting once the servers go live.
When is the Vice update for Rogue Company coming out?
Bringing the Vice update to Rogue Company will mean that the servers will have to come down for maintenance, the servers are scheduled to come offline at 11 am UTC ( 7:00 am EST) on the 17th August. Hi-Rez have told fans to wait four hours for the servers to return so players should be able to glide back at 3 pm UTC ( 11 am EST).
One of the major new additions to the game is the introduction of the Shooting Range. The shooting range will really open up Rogue Company for those that haven't gone all-in in the game yet.
Players will be able to select any of the Rogues, whether they have purchased them or not, and will also be able to use every item and weapon in the game. So you will have a much better idea if a weapon upgrade is truly worth it once you've had some time with it in the Range.
The shooting range is entirely offline, so you will get some bots to shoot at, a specifically designed map to test Rogue abilities and movement and fire off all the weapons.
A welcome addition.
Deserter / AFK penalties
To say it has been a problem that has plagued the game would be a stretch, but with the lack of penalties for players who go AFK or leave a game, it was something that happened more often than Rogue Company players would like.
That is set to change though with the introduction of AFK penalties. Players will be deemed AFK or deserters if they: leave a full party (not through a disconnection), been AFK for over 2 minutes, or disconnected from the game 5 minutes before it's due to end.
- Read more: Rogue Company Closed Beta: How to get access
The penalties will start small and then build up, the 1st offence starts at five minutes and the 4th offence is three hours. Hi-Rez have stated they will look to see how this works and may adjust these times in the future.
Rogue Company Vice patch notes
- Mean to select a different Perk? No problem! Players now have the option to use the Undo Purchase feature in the Item Shop!
- New Gyro control options are now available
- New KBM Keybinding support for Left-handed players.
- New visual options are available to provide support for Colorblindness.
Even elite Rogue’s need practice and what better place to do this than a shooting range? Try various weapons, abilities and rogues to prepare yourself for your next mission.
- Bleedout Rate increased from 9 seconds to 12 seconds.
- Slightly reduced the radius at which enemies influence spawns.
- Slightly increased the radius at which friendlies influence spawns.
Deserter/AFK Penalty System
In order to provide a more fair experience for players, Vice Update will implement a new system to discourage leaving matches early and going AFK. Please note specific penalties could change based on data and feedback.
To be eligible for a deserter penalty a player must fall within one of the following categories:
- Left Match Early - A player who leaves a full party (not through disconnection)
- AFK - A player who has met our inactivity criteria (hasn’t taken a valid action) for approximately 2 minutes.
- Disconnected - A player who has disconnected for at least 5 minutes before the match ends.
Upon meeting one of these criteria a player will be unable to queue for a match for a period of time based on the number of offences. Players will see a timer denoting how long until they are able to queue again.
- 1st offence = 5 minutes
- 2nd offence = 15 minutes
- 3rd offence = 30 minutes
- 4th offence = 3 hours
This map contains new visual features and is available in Practice Extraction, Strikeout and Demolition.
- Adjusted spawn locations.
- Re-propped the top of the stairs.
- Removed stairs on wizard tower and replaced with a mantle up spot.
- Removed the shelving units from the garage.
- Fixed an issue where Anvil's barricade would recharge in Demolition.
- Target Finder ability now has a different icon.
- Now has Cloaked instead of Evade.
- Reduced ability duration from 15s to 10s.
- Increased the maximum health gain per tick from Leeching Poison from 1 to 2.
- Radius increased from 7m to 8m.
- Slightly increased the radius the grenade will spread
- Level 1 Upgrade: Increased throw speed and increase stuck damage to 250.
- Increased the speed at which smoke appears.
- The level 3 upgrade on Anvil’s LMG which tightens your spread now has lightly reduced effectiveness.
- The Striker 8X10's damage fall of range has been slightly increased.
- Dima, Talon, and Ronin now have additional voice lines.
- C4 that a player attempts to detonate mid-air will now detonate once it has landed.
- Dropped weapons should now display pick up text.
- The “No valid game mode” should no longer be displayed when logging in.
- Fixed a rooftop exploit in Favelas.
- Players should no longer receive a Party Size Limit error for game modes.
- Player names should no longer appear as numbers.
- Fixed an issue with the Versus screen which could result in a bad match.
- Players should no longer sometimes appear in a downed state but still be able to move/shoot.
- Phantom can no longer get in a state where she can throw multiple nano grenades.
- Players should no longer receive multiple friend requests when queues are changed.
- Fixed an area of Canals where players could use Anvil’s barricade to reach unintended areas.
- Sprays used near a player should no longer stick to them.
- Switch players should no longer crash after exiting the Chimera