Valorant is now in it's closed beta and that means more hands-on time with each of the agents. Each of the Valorant agents has unique abilities, and knowing these abilities like the back of your hand will help you succeed in Riot's new tactical shooter.
One of the defining aspects is the new Agent characters, who much like Overwatch, possess different abilities and strengths in combat.
Ten have been confirmed for launch in summer later this year, and Cypher is one of them - here is everything we know so far.
Riot has described him as "a one-man surveillance network who keeps tabs on the enemy’s every move. No secret is safe. No manoeuvre goes unseen. Cypher is always watching."
Cypher's abilities are technological in nature with several traps and tools to reveal enemies locations.
- Spycam - Place a remote camera. After placing, reactivate to view the video feed. You can use the Spycam to fire a dart at enemies. The dart will reveal the location of the player it is shot at.
- Cyber Cage - Toss out a remote activation trap. Reactivate to create a cage that slows enemies who pass through it. Cypher can remote detonate the traps, either one at a time or all at once. (Cost: 100)
Trapwire - Place a tripwire between two walls. Triggering enemies are restrained and revealed for a short time. If the trap is not destroyed, it activates to daze the trapped victim. The tripwire can be picked up and placed down elsewhere an unlimited amount of times. (Cost: 200)
- Neural Theft - Extract information from downed enemies, revealing the location of their living allies. (Points: 7)
Cypher Tips and Tricks
- Cypher's trapwire ability makes him a key Agent for defending teams.
- His Spycam ability can also give teams the opportunity to get a heads-up on what approach an attacking team is taking.
We know very little about Cypher so far other than the fact that he is from Morocco and has a mastery of all things technological.
The Valorant beta is released on 7th April and those keen to get their hands on it as soon as possible can sign up for the beta on the Riot Games website.