Just like the previous one, Valorant patch 3.02 focuses solely on bug fixes and improvements, and the balance team didn't have a role this time around.
That doesn't mean they are not working hard behind the scenes. Riot states that this is the last smaller patch before the big one, as they "continue to evaluate those large Episode 3 changes" and are looking carefully at KAY/O and his general impact on the meta.
In the meantime, Valorant patch 3.02 aims to fix a slew of persistent bugs that have appeared since the release of Episode 3.
Patch 3.01 was supposed to fix some weird bugs with Sage's Barrier Orb, but it seems that the ability was still causing trouble in some fringe situations.
Raze’s Boombot can no longer be placed through walls (sorry, Raze mains) and KAY/O’s weird bug with textures should be a thing of the past as well.
What's strange with this patch is that it seems that developers didn't tackle Sova's Recon Bolt bug, at least we are not seeing it in patch notes, but it might have been previously fixed with a hot fix.
Check out all the changes below.
Valorant 3.02 patch notes
Game system updates
- Changes made to how clipping is calculated, which should result in less clipping overall in your gameplay
- Yes, things are still going to clip, but you will see a noticeable lack of hands, melees, abilities, and general effects poking through thin walls.
- Added a space between the Match Rank and Leaderboard Ranking for Immortal+ rankings in the Hover Card UI
- Sage can no longer place her Barrier Orb between the pyramids on Breeze to create a sliver peek
- Fixed KAY/O’s textures applying themselves to weapons when he is re-stabilized during NULL/cmd(X)
- Removed the ability to place Raze’s Boombot through some walls
- Fixed a bug where the Team-voice volume sliders would always reset to 50
- Hooray! That’s the sound of us thanking you for your patience.
- Fixed a bug where the scrollbar in the Social Panel would sometimes display incorrectly
- Fixed the pixelated border surrounding the Unranked icon in the Hover Card UI
- Fixed an issue where the blurred background would sometimes make friend notes illegible in the Hover Card UI
- Fixed a bug where the VCT Masters Reykjavik Winner Title would get overlapped by the Player Card in the Hover Card UI