One of the defining aspects will be the new Agent characters, who much like Overwatch, possess different abilities and strengths in combat.
Now on to Sova, who already looks to be one of the most powerful Agents in the game. Sova is a Russian scout that looks like he could have easily walked out of World of Warcraft. He's armed with a bow and has a number of abilities that can spot and track enemies for his teammates.
- Read more: Valorant: Agent and Abilities Guide
He will be vital for attacking teams as he will be able to spot and track defending players that are dug in or let's be honest - camping. Check out how he opens up the kill for a teammate in his reveal video.
Also, take note of the Recon Bolt he fires to the side of the box - this reveals the enemy hidden behind the box with he quickly dispatches with the high-powered operator sniper. Yes, this character has an actual wallhack... those who can master him will become a vital cog for any team.
Sova Abilities Guide
- Recon Bolt - Fire a bolt that deploys a sonar emitter. The sonar pings tag nearby enemies, causing them to be revealed. Can be destroyed.
- Shock Bolt - Fire an explosive bolt that emits a damaging pulse of static energy on impact. HOLD FIRE to extend the range, ALTERNATIVE FIRE will add up to two bounces to the projectile. (Cost: 100)
- Owl Drone - Deploy a pilotable drone that can fire a dart that will reveal enemies on impact. (Cost: 300)
- Hunter’s Fury - Fire up to three deadly energy blasts that spear across the entire map. Each hit enemy takes heavy damage and is marked. (Points: 7)
Sova Tips and Tricks
- Sova can use a drone to mark enemies for other teammates to take out - find a safe place and send your drone in before attacking.
- His ability to see enemies through walls using his Recon Bolt mean Sova looks a good bet to be your sniper. The ability to "wallbang" - fire through walls and do damage - means having a one-shot kill weapon is key to using the Recon Ability to its maximum effect.
- Sova can bounce his Recon Bolt and Shock Bolt off walls to reveal areas without exposing himself to the enemy. Press ALTERNATIVE FIRE when you have the ability selected to add one or two bounces.
Sova is a Russian agent and his name in Russian means "Owl" which is fitting for a character who looks flight of foot and able to "see" enemies from afar. He is armed with a bow that can both detect enemies and inflict serious damage.
Valorant will launch with ten Agents, with five of them being unlocked as you play more games and gain experience.