Valorant is now in it's closed beta and that means more hands-on time with each of the agents. Each of the Valorant agents has unique abilities, and knowing these abilities like the back of your hand will help you succeed in Riot's new tactical shooter.
One of the defining aspects will be the new Agent characters, who much like Overwatch, possess different abilities and strengths in combat.
- Read more: Valorant: Agent and Abilities Guide
Viper harness the power of gas to deny enemies line of sight and create the conditions to gain the advantage on any opponent.
Her toxic screen throws up a wall that will slowly damage opponents who enter while denying them a clear shot and her Poison Cloud works similarly. One thing to note though is these cost "Fuel" which seems to tick down when these abilities are in use and back up when they are not. Mastering the use of Fuel will prove to be key to becoming an astute Viper player.
The last skill used in this video is the Viper's Pit, as you can see it is perfect for changing the landscape once the bomb is planted - the cloud will last as long as Viper is inside effectively creating a mini-arena for the endgame. You could easily see an adept Viper player clutch up and win in 1v3, 4 or 5 situations by taking the fight on her terms.
Viper Abilities Guide
- Toxic Screen - Deploy a long line of gas emitters that you can reactivate to create a tall wall of toxic gas at the cost of fuel.
- Snakebite - Fire a projectile that explodes into a pool of damaging acid. (Cost: 100)
- Poison Cloud - Throw a gas emitter that you can reactivate to create a poisonous smoke cloud at the cost of fuel. The emitter can be picked up and thrown again after a short cooldown. (Cost: 200)
- Viper’s Pit - Emit a massive toxic cloud in a large area that lasts as long as Viper stays inside the cloud. Enemies inside the cloud are highlighted to Viper. (Points: 7)
Viper Tips and Tricks
- Keep an eye on your Fuel - it's crucial for 2 out of 4 of Viper's abilities.
- Her abilities all suggest getting up close and personal is the way to go - with shotguns packing such a punch, and with them being cheaper than assault rifles you could easily pick one up and go into every game with max abilities.
- Both of Viper's purchasable abilities can be reused but will cost Fuel.
Viper is a US-born agent who believes that "no-one can hold their breath forever" - gas is her big thing and it looks like she has a number of models including one that has a gas mask attached.
Valorant will launch with ten Agents right from the start, with further five releasing via a Battle Pass style system.