What's the best Monster Hunter Rise weapon?
There are a total of 14 weapons in Monster Hunter Rise, and each one is unique. To find out which weapon is the best in Monster Hunter Rise isn't about stats but instead, it's all about your preferred playstyle.
The Dual Blades could be the best for beginners (Picture: Capcom)
Therefore, picking one best weapon for everyone is impossible. However, we do have some suggestions for you depending on different playstyles.
Best beginner weapons in Monster Hunter Rise
- Dual Blades
- Sword & Shield
Best ranged weapons in Monster Hunter Rise
- Light Bowgun
Best advanced player weapons in Monster Hunter Rise
- Insect Glaive
Best support weapon in Monster Hunter Rise
- Hunting Horn
These should be the best weapon picks in Monster Hunter Rise depending on your playstyle, and experience with the franchise.
To make a weapon choice easier, we've outlined all the Monster Hunter Rise weapons below, including each one's Silkbind attacks.
All 14 Monster Hunter Rise weapons
As you progress through the harsh lands of Monster Hunter Rise, you will unlock the option to Switch regular attacks and Silkbind Attacks during combat.
Each of the 14 weapons in Monster Hunter Rise also has three Silkbind Attacks which means you can adapt to your situation with ease.
As mentioned in the previous section of this article, there's no real best weapon in Monster Hunter Rise. You should look at each weapon's moveset, Silkbind attacks and gameplay to find out which one is best suited for your needs.
Below, you can do just that with all 14 weapons listed, including their Silkbind attacks and a gameplay video showcasing their movesets in action. All images via Capcom.
Greatsword & Silkbind Attacks
This massive blade cleaves in a wide arc with terrifying might, and can even be used to guard in a pinch. The power of a full Charged Slash is overwhelming.
Power Sheathe - Charge for a devastating blow
- A quick forwards manoeuvre performed as you sheathe your weapon.
- Boosts your attack power for a short period of time.
Hunting Edge - Split the heavens with a giant blade
- A forward leaping attack.
- After landing a hit, you can follow up with a powerful Charged Slash or Charged Plunging Thrust in midair.
Adamant Charged Slash
- Can be switched out with Hunting Edge.
- A technique using a Wirebug to dash forward, and deliver a Strong Charged Slash.
- Also allows you to withstand knockdown attacks by hardening your body as you dash forth.
Lance & Silkbind Attacks
A highly defensive weapon whose sturdy shield can withstand fierce attacks while preserving mobility when guarding. Great for counterattacks and sharp combos.
Twin Vine - Bonds that tie
- Jabs a kunai into the target to get its attention.
- Pressing the corresponding buttons while the kunai is still lodged into the target will launch you towards it while guarding.
Anchor Rage - Let the anger flow
- Attacks absorbed while your shield is up temporarily boost your attack power.
- The strength of the boost depends on the power of the attack absorbed.
- Can be switched out with Anchor Rage.
- A lightning-fast, two-step maneuver to reposition and counterattack.
- This attack uses your shield to parry, then uses a Wirebug to send you thrusting forward.
- Use it to confuse your target and unleash a wave of strikes.
Switch Axe & Silkbind Attacks
witches between Axe Mode, for fluid mobility and hefty single hits, and Sword Mode, for quicker strikes. Phial effects activated by the sword persist in axe form.
Switch Charger - Let the silk breathe life into your sword
- Uses a Wirebug to launch you forward while quickly regenerating your Switch Gauge.
- In addition, the Switch Gauge won't decrease for a short period of time.
Invincible Gambit - Advance with a body of steel
- A forward-moving spinning attack.
- Fortifies the user, making them immune to flinching or being knocked back by even the fiercest of attacks.
Soaring Wyvern Blade
- Can be switched out with Invincible Gambit.
- Uses a Wirebug to fly up while slashing, ending with a Forward Slash from midair.
- If the Forward Slash is successful, the weapon's Activation Gauge fills up, a large explosion goes off where it connected.
Heavy Bowgun & Silkbind Attacks
A powerful ranged weapon as heavy on firepower as it is in the hand. Can be loaded with Wyvernheart or Wyvernsnipe ammo depending on the situation.
Free Silkbind Glide - Move around like a gale of destruction
- Push the stick to control the direction you go in.
- Press the corresponding button to perform a close-range attack or quickly sheathe your weapon.
Counter Shot - A fierce counterattack
- Stretch out a web of silk and take a stance to prepare for a powerful counterattack.
- The attack is activated if you get hit while in this stance.
- Can be switched out with Counter Shot.
- A parrying skill using Wirebugs.
- Absorbs an attack from a monster without taking any damage. Will shorten the amount of time needed for a Charged Shot.
Bow & Silkbind Attacks
A weapon built for ranged attacks. Affords high mobility. Fires Arc Shots to cover for allies or Power Shots that hit hard. Coatings can be applied to inflict status effects.
Herculean Draw - Use Ironsilk to strengthen your draw
- Surge forward in a designated direction.
- Your attack is also empowered for a short time.
Focus Shot - Energy through harmony with nature
- Dodge while crouching.
- While crouching, your stamina rapidly regenerates.
- If timed right, you can nullify a monster attack while evading.
- You can also use the Left Stick to change the direction in which you evade.
- Can be switched out with Focus Shot.
- An action for firing arrows by jumping straight up with a Wirebug.
- Particularly damaging shots can be fired from midair. A close-range attack using an arrow can also be aimed directly underneath you.
Charge Blade & Silkbind Attacks
A weapon that is both sword and axe. Charge it up in sword mode, then combine sword and shield into an axe and unleash the energy as a devastating attack.
Morphing Advance - Unleash the moving force of a heavy axe
- Uses a Wirebug to launch you forward while your charge blade switches to axe form.
- While in motion, monster attacks won't knock you back or stun you.
- Can be chained into a variety of attacks after moving.
Counter Peak Performance - Get ready to punish incoming attacks
- Ready your shield while stretching silk to the ground.
- Being hit while your shield is readied will fill your phials to the maximum.
- Can be switched out with Counter Peak Performance.
- Slam the axe overhead, using recoil and Ironsilk to propel you up into the air.
- While going upwards, you can unleash a powerful Element Discharge.
Gunlance & Silkbind Attacks
A sturdy lance affixed with a cannon. Pressure your prey with a bevvy of bombardments, then land a super-powerful hit at just the right time.
Guard Edge - Let claws and fangs hone your blade
- A well-timed guard regenerates your weapon's sharpness.
- Can be followed up with various attacks.
Hail Cutter - Steel your lance, revive your cannon
- Perform a Rising Slash and then an Overhead Smash.
- Each usage reduces the cooldown time for Wyvern's Fire.
- Can be switched out with Hail Cutter.
- Uses a Wirebug to move forward and jump into a vigorous upward slash.
- Scraping the gunlance on the ground heats up the barrel, temporarily increasing the damage dealt by shells, Wyrmstake Shots, and Wyvern's Fire.
Long Sword & Silkbind Attacks
A sharp weapon that charges up the Spirit Gauge as you cut into your prey, and can unleash powerful Spirit Blade attacks. Also allows for technical dodge and counterattack combat.
Serene Pose - The calm before the storm
- Taking a hit while your weapon is at the ready will swiftly lead into a counterattack.
Soaring Kick - What goes up must come down
- Uses a Wirebug to launch you into a jump kick that, if connects, will trigger a Plunging Thrust.
- Landing the Thrust auto-fills your Spirit Gauge for a short period of time.
- Press the corresponding button after landing the kick to perform a Spirit Helm Breaker at a cost of one level of Spirit Gauge.
Silkbind Sakura Slash
- Can be switched out with Soaring Kick.
- A whirlwind-like attack, dashing and slicing past the target with a Wirebug.
- The hit causes multiple lacerations over time, inducing additional damage.
The hit raises the Spirit Gauge by 1.
Sword/Shield & Silkbind Attacks
A blade that allows you to attack quickly and up close while evading most incoming blows. Comes with a shield that can guard AND bludgeon too!
Falling Shadow - Dance through the sky and shatter the earth
- A forward leaping attack. A successful hit will lead into a Scaling Slash.
- After that, you can follow up with a Falling Bash in midair.
Windmill - A slicing gale that gives no quarter
- Uses Ironsilk to swing your blade around.
- Its initial swing nullifies any monster's attack.
- Can be switched out with Windmill.
- A jumping Wirebug attack that uses your shield to uppercut your target.
- At the beginning of the attack, there is a moment where you can perform a Guard.
- A well-timed counter can further add to the damage dealt.
Hammer & Silkbind Attacks
A blunt force weapon that hits hard yet doesn't hamper mobility. A smack to the head may stun enemies. Has powerful charge attacks and a variety of manoeuvres.
Impact Crater - Extinction event from the sky
- Jump straight up and dish out a devastating rising attack that also hits multiple times on the way down.
Silkbind Spinning Bludgeon - Wheel of misfortune
- Unleashes a spinning attack that deals multiple hits while leaping forward.
- You can perform this attack from a charged state, or hold down the charge button when the move starts to charge it up and let rip anytime you want by releasing the button.
- Can be switched out with Silkbind Spinning Bludgeon.
- An attack performed by rushing forward with the help of a Wirebug.
- Any enemy attack damage is negated while launching forward.
Insect Glaive & Silkbind Attacks
Command insects called Kinsects to absorb essence from your prey and buff yourself. Vault into the air, kick your foes, and attack from all angles while airborne.
Silkbind Vault - Fly freely through the sky
- A leaping attack that spins forwards.
- Follow up with a Jumping Slash, a Jumping Advancing Slash, or even a Midair Evade.
Recall Kinsect - The silk heals all
- Calls back your Kinsect while dodging.
- As it returns, it will perform spinning attacks that scatter healing extracts.
- Its stamina will fully recover once it gets back to its master.
- Can be switched out with Recall Kinsect.
- A devastating dive attack that uses a Wirebug to pull you downward with great force.
- The attack has a small damage radius, but that means the damage is highly focused.
Light Bowgun & Silkbind Attacks
A weapon that excels in long-range combat. Fulfils a variety of roles, from rapid-fire barraging to inflicting status ailments based on the type of ammo used.
Silkbind Glide - Let your shots flow like water
- Surge forward at a lightning-fast speed.
- Pressing the corresponding button while moving unleashes a powerful close-range severing attack.
Fanning Vault - Rain down shots from above
- Uses a Wirebug to vault you forwards.
- Press the corresponding button to fire, to reload, or to fire a Wyvernblast directly below you, which will stick to the monster's hide.
- Can be switched out with Fanning Vault.
- A manoeuvre using a Wirebug and centrifugal force to quickly flank left or right.
- Also temporarily ups attack power.
- Shots can be fired while in motion.
Hunting Horn & Silkbind Attacks
A blunt weapon that allows you to buff your hunting party by performing melodies. Gather notes of a single colour for a steady boost or combine 3 to gain all effects.
Slide Beat - Strings playing a dirge of the soul
- Uses a Wirebug to propel you forward into a spinning attack.
- The final performance grants a status boost, and you'll be invulnerable to knockback effects while moving forward.
Earthshaker - A head-pounding beat
- An attack that drives an Ironsilk-bound blade into the target like a stake.
- The vibrations of the weapon's sonic blast explode inside the target.
Bead of Resonance
- Can be switched out with Earthshaker.
- Places a Wirebug cocoon on the ground.
- If the same hunter generates melody effects, the effect also appears around the cocoon, as does as a Sonic Wave that damages monsters near it.
Dual Blades & Silkbind Attacks
Blades that deliver an onslaught of slices in rapid succession. Activate Demon Mode to dance deadly rings around your foes in exchange for stamina.
Shrouded Vault - Dancing blades of vengeance
- Hurls you forward in a designated direction. Getting hit while in motion triggers a spinning attack.
Piercing Bind - Death by a strand of silk
- Pierces a target with a kunai that detonates after a certain amount of time.
- Landing further hits where the kunai is lodged racks up extra damage that scales with each hit.
- Can be switched out with Piercing Bind.
- Launches a Wirebug upwards and you with it.
- This action does not do any damage but allows you to move through the air in most cases, even with your weapon drawn.
So there you have it, all the weapons in Monster Hunter Rise, their Silkbind Attacks, and a look at which weapon is best for your playstyle. Happy hunting!