Final Fantasy XIV's next update, Newfound Adventure, is arriving, including new content, game modes, features and more across all the game's expansions. With the update launching on 12th April 2022, players are advised to save their game progress before the maintenance period and avoid losing their data.
It's important to note that this patch update will be made available to players who have purchased the adjacent expansion packs for Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker, including A Realm Reborn, Heavensword, Stormblood and Shadowbringers. This guide will summarise all the exciting new content and balance changes in Final Fantasy XIV.
Final Fantasy XIV 6.1 patch notes – New content
The biggest content arrival in the Patch 6.1 update is the new main scenario quests included in the update. Ten new quests require players to have completed Endwalker to begin this brand new questline.
The #FFXIV Patch 6.1 special site has been updated with new info and screenshots!— FINAL FANTASY XIV (@FF_XIV_EN) April 1, 2022
🏰 Myths of the Realm, Part 1: Aglaia
🐉 Dragonsong's Reprise (Ultimate)
💎 Crystalline Conflict
Patch 6.1 arrives Tuesday, April 12!
Additionally, there is a new questline, Chronicles of a New Era, which includes four new quests which start at Old Sharlayan. This questline does require reaching a specific point in the main scenario questline and holding either Disciple of War or Magic level 90 to play the new content.
The update will also see four role quests added to the game, requiring you to have completed the Endwalker questline and several role quests. These Endwalker roles quests needed to play the new quests are the following:
- Tank role quest, "A Path Unveiled"
- Melee DPS role quest, "To Calmer Seas"
- Physical-ranged DPS role quest, "Laid to Rest"
- Magical-ranged DPS role quest, "Ever March Heavensword"
- Healer role quest, "The Gift of Mercy"
The patch update also sees the inclusion of the Duty Support system, which allows players to continue their progress with the main scenario duties. This system lets solo players manage their party and which duties they wish to register.
It's available for A Realm Reborn, Shadowbringers and Endwalker, with additional support arriving later.
Furthermore, the patch update has included a new Game+ for the Endwalker main scenario quest, divided into two parts. This allows you to start at the beginning or in the middle of the Endwalker questline with new role quests added with the new Game+.
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker 6.1 patch notes – Dungeons and trials
Endwalker will be receiving a new Alliance Raid dungeon, Aglaia, which requires the "A Mission in Mor Dhona" quest from the Chronicles of a New Era questline to be completed. A few additional prerequisites include holding a Disciple of War or Magic level 90 and an Item Level requirement of 565 and higher.
Like other alliance raids, teams will include one tank, two healers and five DPS characters before entering the dungeon. You can only claim rewards from this dungeon once a week after duties in Aglaia are completed. These will reset every Tuesday at 1 am PDT.
A new trial will also be included in the patch update arriving for Endwalker, which should truly test your battle skills. The Minstrel's Ballad: Endsinger's Aria will be available once you've spoken with the Wandering Minstrel in Old Sharlayan during the Endwalker main scenario quest.
You must have a Disciple of War or Magic level 90 and an Item Level requirement of 580 and higher to participate. Once the trail has been completed, you'll receive a token, which you can exchange for various rewards by locating Nesvaaz in Radz-at-Han.
- Is Seiya Suzuki in MLB The Show 22?
- Chrono Cross Radical Dreamers Astral Amulet - How to get and use
- Epic Games and Lego are building a Metaverse for kids
- How to enter referral codes in Splitgate
If you're seeking a challenging boss battle, the Ultima's Bane Unreal Trial is arriving with the update, which recaptures the intense Ultima Weapon battle from A Realm Reborn. The Fantastic Mr Faux quest is required, and you can receive this quest from Painfully Ishgardian Man in Idyllshire if you have yet to complete it.
Likewise, this quest can only be available if players have completed the Shadowbringers quest, Keeping Up with the Aliapohs. To participate in the Ultima's Bane Unreal Trial, you'll need a Disciple of War or Magic level 90 and an Item Level requirement of 565 and higher.
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker 6.1 patch notes - Optimisations
Square Enix has outlined numerous quality of life improvements for Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker. This sees plenty of optimisations and adjustments to ensure more stable gameplay and improved quality of character progression.
"I know that each and every one of you is doing well and keeping busy with your endeavours. 😊"— FINAL FANTASY XIV (@FF_XIV_EN) April 4, 2022
It's time to start a new(found) adventure in FFXIV patch 6.1! https://t.co/BlkvLDNLhXpic.twitter.com/QOPwa7nHwJ
There are plenty more optimisations and adjustments that Square Enix has outlined for the Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker 6.1 patch update that we couldn't list due to the sheer length of the patch notes.
You can navigate to the Final Fantasy XIV Lodestone site to view the complete patch notes list; however, we have highlighted some of the new changes below:
- Crystalline Conflict, a brand new PvP mode with three arenas
- Various A Realm Reborn main scenario quests have been revised
- Additional Hotbar can be rearranged when playing different characters in instanced quest battles
- Character portraits for battle dialogue have been implemented for instanced quest battles
- Bicolour gemstone can be exchanged for new items available from the Gemstone Traders
- Excitatron 6000 rewards have been adjusted
- Decipher action animation has been changed
- Company Crests have new Charge symbol options available
- Company workshop to receive new craftable items
- New areas and items were added, submersible rank increased to 95 for subaquatic voyages
- New lands available for purchasing in Empyreum
- Oceanian data center plots available for purchasing
- Implemented a new lottery system to purchase land
- New dedicated wards available in every housing district for private and free company estates
- New requirement for players to purchase free lands via the lottery system
- Plot prices no longer decrease over time
- FFXIV Furnishing Design Contest items have been added
- Location and duty names will be displayed
- Aquarium fish, paintings, flower pot seeds are now available
- Brand new prizes for the Manderville Gold Saucer available to purchase
- Cards and NPC opponents for Triple Triad have been added
- New hairstyles and facial feature options for the Hrothgar character are available
- New hairstyles for both gendered Viera characters are available
- New changes and adjustments for the Trust system, including Scenario Mode, have been added
- The Unending Codex compendium will be available to unlock
- New changes and adjustments for Wondrous Tails, Faux Hollows and Sightseeing Log have been added
- New emotes available
- New changes for descriptions of action, trait, and status effect are added
- Enemy locations for Mor Dhona, Thavnair and Ultima Thule have been changed
- Several PvP duties have been removed
- Cosmetic items for the GARO x FFXIV collaboration have been added
- New recipes available
- Disciple of the Land action animations have been changed
- New mounts, Chocobo barding and minions have been added
- Fashion accessories and the Change emote have been added
The Final Fantasy XIV 6.1 patch update, Newfound Adventure, will launch on 12th April 2022 across all available platforms.
Featured image courtesy of Square Enix.