Gameplay changes & improvements in Tribes of Midgard 1.02 update
First off, those who are wondering what is happening with their reward for achieving level 49 in Season 1 can rest easy.
The developers have released a fix with the Tribes of Midgard 1.02 update, and the reward will now be the "Wolf Saga" portrait.
There are also some gameplay changes in the Tribes of Midgard 1.02 update. While not a lot has changed, there are balance changes to Alvis Hammer II, Soul Powered Rune and Banner Time Rune.
Alvis Hammer II
- Healing Spell increased to 400 from 300
Soul Powered Rune
- Damage bonus reduced to 5 from 10 per stack of 100 Souls
- Souls Cap correctly set to 10,000
Banner Time Rune
- Ticks every 3 seconds, up from 1
- Healing increased to 150 from 50
Lastly, some quality-of-life changes have been made with the latest Tribes of Midgard update:
- Players can now dismantle Enchanted Tripwire traps if they are blocking their path
- PC players can now press the [B] Key as a shortcut for the Blessings menu
- Changed Rebuild input for Farm, Quarry, Lumberyard and Bridge from [F] on Keyboard (Square Button on Controller) to [G] on Keyboard (L1 Button on Controller) to avoid interaction conflicts
Now, let's dive into all the bug fixes in the Tribes of Midgard 1.02 update.
Tribes of Midgard 1.02 patch notes: All bug fixes
Grab onto your axe, Vikings! This is a big one. There are dozens upon dozens of bug fixes in the Tribes of Midgard 1.02 patch notes.
From bugs that hinder progress a bit, to those that can stifle gameplay, developer Norsfell went all-out to fix as many bugs as possible in the Tribes of Midgard 1.02 patch notes.
Warning: The bug fixes below are as massive as a Jötnar.
- Fixed some issues in World Generation that were causing Giants to get stuck on their path of destruction
- Fixed an issue during the Tutorial where Geirröðr’s snowball would clip into the ground
- Fixed an issue preventing the Unsunken Boss from holding his axe properly during movement animation
- Fixed issues with the impact animations for some Helthings that were not playing the appropriate animation
- Fixed an issue where the Witch’s spells could stick for too long
- Fixed an issue where the Witch could damage out of combat players from far away with her Spells
- Fixed an issue where enemy Spells would fire in a direction they weren’t facing
- Fixed numerous AI issues that caused certain enemies to idle after chasing for a time
- Fixed an issue where Trölls could sometimes not exit their Camps
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to keep racking up hits against Fenrir during his death animation, especially when paired with the Soul Mate Rune (poor Fenrir)
- Fixed an issue where some players were unable to craft using a Controller when returning to a Solo save file
- Fixed an issue where players were able to block their own Banner Time Rune’s healing when facing a certain direction
- Fixed an issue that allowed you to block damage while performing other actions if you used the Shield button
- Fixed an issue that sometimes made it difficult to revive downed Villagers if they were downed from a Jötunn
- Fixed an issue that could cause a player to enter Downed State instead of Drowning if they died from fall damage when hitting the water
- Fixed an issue where the Healing Brew was not healing for the correct amount of time
- Fixed multiple issues of Cosmetics clipping into each other
- Fixed an issue where the Hunter’s Recall Totem would linger on the Map even if not active
- Fixed an issue where Hunter’s Trap Stacker wasn’t allowing the player to stack Traps properly when buying them from a merchant
- Fixed an issue where Warden’s Rune Carver ability wouldn’t always allow for 6 Runes to be equipped
- Fixed an issue where players could retain the benefits of the Nothing to Hide Rune by unequipping then re-equipping their armor
- Fixed an issue where the Like a Dwarf Rune was not granted the appropriate Armor bonuses
- Fixed an issue where Warriors could be invincible while in Downed State if they died due to fall damage with the Reckless Roll Blessing
- Fixed an issue where sometimes Járnsaxa would be instantly defeated during the transition to her second form
- Fixed an issue where players could block incoming heals.
- Fixed an issue where Feral Armor was protecting against Heat instead of Cold
- Fixed an issue where archers in Archer Towers would speak like Dökkalfar and spam their voice over lines (they were just being too passionate about Village defense).
- Fixed an issue affecting the progress icons for the ‘Life on the Farm’ Quest
- Fixed an issue that would cause Quest progression to break or not update correctly if you Save/Quit at certain points in the Quest chain
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to roll into the trap doors to proceed to the next level of a Hideout
- Fixed an issue where Treasures in Camps could sometimes be accessed from beneath
- Fixed an issue where rapidly transitioning back and forth from Fenrir’s Lair caused the screen to become permanently black
- Fixed an issue where a character could get stuck in a Land of Pools Small Camp when jumping off a ramp
- Fixed an issue where on rare occasions Fenrir would fail to appear and attack the player in his Lair
- Fixed an issue where Fenrir would land on the broken stones as he enters the fight
- Fixed an issue with missing sound effects when interacting with the Eir Effigies
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to Fast Travel to Activated Shrines even when not near another Shrine
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause players to spawn under Fenrir’s Lair if they teleported back to it
- Fixed an issue where cancelling Recall Totem wouldn’t always work if too far away from it
- Fixed an issue where Constructions could be placed in areas of the Village that were not intended
- Fixed an issue where Jars could block Underpass and Hideout exits
- Fixed an issue where the final Treasure of a Hideout could be interacted with before clearing the area
- Fixed an instance where players could be booted to the main menu after triggering a number of Jars then leaving an Underpass or Hideout
- Fixed issues with collision trap in enemy Camps, Underpasses and bushes
- Fixed some interaction issues when playing with HUD turned off
- Fixed issues where the voice chat icon was inconsistently being displayed when a player was speaking
- Fixed an issue affecting saved Worlds for Survival Games with over 100 Days played in which progress may be reset
- Fixed an issue where the +1 Golden Horn UI wouldn’t always appear in HUD when picking one up
- Fixed an issue allowing a player to avoid being kicked for inactivity if they had a menu open
- Fixed an issue on PC that didn’t allow players to mouse over Class information properly
- Fixed an issue that prompted an unnecessary message when accessing the Quest Board after all Quests were taken or completed
- Fixed an issue that caused replacing current Quests to remove the unfinished Quest from the board for the whole session
- Fixed a number of Controller navigation issues for the Journal menus
- Fixed an issue where sometimes players were unable to start a new World after having made a lot of progress in Survival mode
- Fixed an issue where the user had trouble starting a new World if they left a game shortly after finding a Golden Horn
- Fixed issues in which trying to create a Group would sometimes result in an unexpected error
- Fixed an issue that could cause framerate issues when waking your Console from Rest mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused UI to linger for players in the party if the Host force-quits the game while searching for a session
- Fixed an issue where a whole Group could be disbanded if a player quits the game with ALT+F4
- Fixed a crash that could occur of a profile’s privileges did not allow online activity and they tried to join another player’s session after bypassing the notifications
- Fixed an issue where the Steam username would not always update in-game
- Fixed an issue with the V-Sync option not working as intended
- Fixed a number of navigation issues with the SHiFT overlay, especially with Controllers
- Fixed an issue where the player list for an active session would sometimes not update at all when a player leaves the session
- Fixed issues of jittery text when mousing over some Recipes
- Fixed a number of alignment issues when adjusting resolution in Windowed mode
- Fixed an issue where the Potion Stacker Perk would not update correctly in the Equipment menu
So there you have it, the full Tribes of Midgard 1.02 patch notes for the latest update released in the early hours of the morning on 30th July 2021.
Don't forget to check out our general video games section for industry news, guides, leaks and much more.