The Ninja of the Nth Dimension is back thanks to game development students at the Sumo Digital Academy. Zool Dimensions is a remake of the 1990s classic "Zool" by the now-defunct developers, Gremlin Graphics, and will have players explore vibrant retro landscapes, discover hidden secrets and take down menacing bosses in a modern reimagining of the classic action platforming adventure game.
What is the release date of Zool Redimensioned?
Zool Redimensioned will officially launch on the 18th of August 2021, exclusively for PC via Steam. You can add the game to your wishlist so long, on the Steam Store page.
We're unsure what the retail price of the game will be, however, half of the revenue generated will go feed into the Sumo Digital Acadamy student support initiative.
Zool Redimensioned: Gameplay
Zool Redimensioned will have players "jump, spin and shoot" Zool across "eight alien worlds". Players must guide Zool in his journey to defeat his nemesis, Krool, by taking down menacing bosses in order to save the universe.
The Steam Store page highlights a few quality-of-life enhancements to the original iteration of the game.
- Over 28 retro platforming challenges, all enhanced for the best possible experience
- Choose between two main game modes: Redimensioned for a more accessible modern experience, or Ultimate Ninja to experience a true hardcore challenge
- Trade blows with the dimension's most dangerous creatures in seven completely redesigned boss fights
- Discover new secrets, challenges and extras across your adventure, with over 25 achievements to unlock
- Enhanced quality-of-life options, including a level select screen, checkpoints, accessibility options and more
- Play the original Mega Drive version for a truly authentic retro adventure
Zool Redimensioned: System Requirements
Zool Redimensioned should play perfectly on just about any system.
We've indicated the minimum system requirements of Zool Redimensioned, per the Steam Store page below.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 *
- Processor: Intel i3 4th Generation
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Integrated
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 1 GB available space
- Sound Card: Integrated
A 64-bit processor and operating system are recommended.
The 1990s classic "Zool Redimensioned" will officially launch on the 18th of August, exclusively on PC.
Don't forget to check out our general video games section for more news, latest game releases, updates, and more.
Header image via Sumo Digital Agency.