Biomutant, an open-world, post-apocalyptic Kung-Fu fable RPG, releases on the 25th of May 2021.
This long-awaited RPG was first announced back in August 2017 during that year's Gamescom, and since then it has gathered an army of fans attracted by the game's unique look and weird creatures.
What's also novel is that the game heavily focuses on the martial art style of combat, and the game's gameplay systems are adjusted accordingly.
And who doesn't like to play as wacky humanoid animals and beat up enemies with huge swords and sticks?
At the time of writing, there are only six days left until the game comes out, so here's everything you need to know before the game releases.
Biomutant install and download file size
Compared to some other huge releases over the last couple of years, Biomutant will not occupy too much space on your HDD/SSD.
- Biomutant PS4 file size: 21.5 GB
- Biomutant PC file size: at least 25 GB of free space (Steam recommendation)
- Biomutant Xbox One file size
Biomutant PC system requirements
Biomutant has been designed and developed with the last generation of consoles on mind, and thus system requirements are not as scary as with some other modern games.
First, let's check out the bare minimum you will need in order to play the game.
Minimum system requirements:
- OS: Windows 7/8.1/10 (64 bit)
- Processor: AMD FX-8350 or Intel Core i5-4690K or newer running at 3.5 GHz or higher
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 960 or Radeon R9 380
If you want to bring out the full potential of the game's visuals and play it in its full glory, then these are the specs you will need.
Recommended system requirements:
- OS: Windows 10 (64bit)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or Intel Core i7-6700K or newer running at 3.2 GHz or higher
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 1660Ti or Radeon RX 590
How to pre-load Biomutant
And while the game is not as big as some other releases this year, if you are excited about the game you will still want to play it as soon as it becomes available.
In order to do that, you will want to pre-load the game prior to the release date, so that when it releases it will already be installed and ready for playing.
No matter if you play on PlayStation, Xbox, or PC, you can use the pre-load function to have the game downloaded on your system and ready for play on release.
Here's what you will need to do. Of course, keep in mind that in order to pre-load the game, you will first need to preorder it.
How to preload Biomutant on Xbox One?
- From the Xbox home screen, open "My games and apps"
- Select "Games"
- Find Biomutant and select it
- Press "A" to open the installation menu
- Select "Manage installation on Internal"
- If the game is available for download you will be able to checkmark "will install"
- Select "Save changes" and you will be able to see your game downloading
- Make sure that the console is on or in standby mode while the game is being downloaded or you will interrupt the process
How to preload Biomutant on PS4
When the preload becomes available, if you preordered Biomutant, it will appear in your collection of PlayStation games.
- From the PlayStation home screen, open your library.
- Select "Purchased" games.
- Find Biomutant and select it.
- If the game is available for preload, the "Download" button will be available just below the icon of the game.
- Just push the Download button and that's it, your PlayStation will start downloading Biomutant.
- Make sure that the console is on or in standby mode while the game is being downloaded or you will interrupt the process.
How to preload Biomutant on PC
On Steam, you will be able to download the game just as any other game the moment it becomes available for pre-load, but you will have to wait until the official release in order to play it. If the game is ready for pre-load, the "install" button will appear, just like with any other game you have in your library.
And that's it, now you are ready to enjoy the game on the release date!