Just like with the previous one, there are no balance changes this time around, as things still haven't settled enough since the Season 4 Reloaded update, and there is no need for any urgent balance changes.
For Zombies fans, this update will be interesting as it brings another set of additional improvements across several Zombies modes, including Mauer der Toten and Outbreak.
However, the most important thing coming with the 20th July update is reserved for those players enjoying the game on the PS5 consoles.
PlayStation 5 players can now download new High-Resolution Texture Packs "for the best visual experience going forward," Treyarch explains.
Keep in mind that these packs are not installed by default, and you will need to download manually and separately for MP, Zombies, and Dead Ops Arcade 3 modes.
These packs are easy to find via the in-game Franchise Store, where they are available for download.
Black Ops Cold War 20th July full patch notes
- Addressed an issue where the Social button could disappear if the player kicked another player from their party, which could cause the Social tab from functioning properly.
- Moved the Nail Gun to the correct location in the Special Weapons category.
High-Resolution Texture Packs (PlayStation 5)
- PlayStation 5 players will have high-resolution textures moved to opt-in downloadable packs for Multiplayer, Zombies, and Dead Ops Arcade 3. These will no longer be installed by default, and players will need to download these packs for the best visual experience going forward.
- Upon boot-up, players will be prompted to install the packs or cancel the download. If the player cancels, these packs will be available for download via the in-game Store.
- Added Rush to the following modes: Team Deathmatch, Domination, Hardpoint, Control, Kill Confirmed, Search and Destroy, Free-For-All, VIP Escort, and Snipers Only Moshpit.
- Removed Cranked Hardpoint from NukeJacked 24/7.
“Mauer der Toten”
- Added various stability fixes related to the Main Quest, Boss Battle, and CRBR-S Wonder Weapon.
- Reduced the number of Krasny Soldat spawns at higher rounds.
- Addressed an issue that caused Klaus to sometimes attack a friendly Brain-Rotted zombie.
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause zombies to use their ranged attack despite the player being in an accessible location.
- Wonder Weapons
- The CRBR-S Wonder Weapon will no longer time out if it is not taken from the opened safe after a period of time.
- Main Quest
- Addressed an issue that caused players to become stuck when remaining on a ladder during a Boss Battle teleport.
- Addressed an issue that prevented a Special Round from triggering immediately when entering the Lab if the match was currently between rounds.
- Addressed an issue that caused a carried quest item to appear on screen and sometimes block weapon fire while the player was walking backwards.
- Addressed an issue that could show Klaus as visibly holding his weapon and a quest item at the same time.
- Addressed an issue that could cause players to receive an erroneous "Not Enough Essence" message when approaching the Arsenal.
- Fixed a crash related to transitioning between Regions in Outbreak.
- Addressed an issue that caused Shatter Blast to deal more damage than intended.
- Fixed a crash related to Tombstone Soda.