Twitch Rivals is brining Black Ops Cold War competition to the Asia-Pacific region.
Twitch Rivals Cold War Showdown is a 2-day Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War tournament for APAC region featuring 48 players distributed into 12 teams.
The tournament boasts a hefty prize pool as well, with $45,000 in total prizing. It is a perfect chance to see who are some of the best APAC Black Ops Cold War players in these early days of the game.
But the best thing? On the second day of the event invited personalities from the region will play Zombies competitively!
Here's everything you need to know about the event, including schedule, format, prize pool, and where to watch it.
Twitch Rivals Cold War Showdown Schedule
Cold War Showdown is a 2-day event and it will be held on 24th and 25th November.
The starting time on both days is 3:00 am PT / 19:00 Taiwan / 18:00 Thailand / 22:00 AEST.
Twitch Rivals Cold War Showdown Format and Rules
Each day will have its own qualifiers and playoffs and will feature different game format.
Day 1 (24th November)
On the first day of the event, the tournament is open for registration, which means anyone can participate.
- Game Mode: Fireteam: Dirty Bomb
- Teams will queue into Fireteam: Dirty Bomb for 2 hours and score points in each game based on placement and kills.
- The Top 5 ranked teams will advance to the Day 1 Playoffs.
- Playoff teams will queue into Fireteam: Dirty Bomb for 1 hour and score points in each game based on placement and kills
- Playoff teams will be ranked 1st-5th based on the total score of their Qualifiers Top 3 + Playoffs Top 1 games
The second day of the tournament will feature Zombies: Die Maschine as a game mode (Picture: Activision)
Day 2 (25th November)
The second day of the event will feature an invite-only tournament.
- Game Mode: Zombies: Die Maschine
- Teams will compete in 20 Rounds Mode and try to earn as many in-game points as possible in one game
- The Top 5 ranked teams will advance to the Day 2 Playoffs
- Playoff teams will compete to finish as many rounds as possible in Endless Mode
- Playoff teams will be ranked based on the number of levels completed before time expires
Twitch Rivals Cold War Showdown Prize Pool
Teams will fight for a share of a $45,000 prize pool.
Each day will have its own prize pool, which means $22,500 per day will be awarded.
The rewards will each day be split as follow:
- 1st place: $4,000
- 2nd place: $3,400
- 3rd place: $2,800
- 4th place: $2,200
- 5th place: $1,600
- 6-7th place: $1,200
- 8-10th place: $1,000
- 11-12th place: $800
Additionally, bonus prizes will be given for the following categories:
Most kills in Top 3 games (Player): $500
Most wins in all games played (Team): $1,000
Most kills in Top 3 games (Team): $1,000
Most critical kills in Top 3 games (Player): $500
Twitch Rivals Cold War Showdown Teams
The first day of the event features open format, so anyone can join, while teams and players for the second day (invitational) will be kept secret until the start of the tournament.
Twitch Rivals Cold War Showdown
Stream: How to watch
The event will be broadcasted live on the official Twitch Rivals channel.