The further you climb the ranks in competitive play, the more consistently you will find players that rely heavily on the close-quarters machines. There are a ton of SMG options to choose from, but in recent seasons, the meta has become very cut and dry. In Season 6 of COD Mobile, the goal is to shift some of the weapon tuning for a more diverse roster of weapons.
COD Mobile Season 6 To The Skies - SMG tier list
As one of the three most dominant classes in the game, submachine guns are an incredibly crucial tool for any set of loadouts in COD Mobile. Assault rifles are the only options that can truly be considered on par, but in general, SMGs will win plenty of close to mid-range battles.
- COD Mobile Season 6 APK and OBB Download Links
- How to get L-CAR 9 in COD Mobile Season 6
- COD Mobile Season 6 Patch Notes – Favela map, KSP 45 SMG, More
- How To Unlock KSP 45 In COD Mobile Season 6
Many of the best submachine guns that rank high on the seasonal tier list share similar traits. They all have super fast TTKs and next to no recoil to worry about. Mobility is also a major strength that many other classes can't rely on with the same TTK output. In Season 6, the goal for weapon balancing was to make even more submachine guns viable with higher control and damage overall.
Tier rank description:
- S-Tier: This tier usually consists of the most popular weapons, and for good reason. These are picks that most competitive players will continue to use until something better comes along. They are nearly flawless.
- A-Tier: These Submachine Guns come close to S-Tier, and much of the time the line is blurred. But in a fight with two equal players, the top-tier weapons are going to have the edge in consistency and power.
- B-Tier: Here you'll find the middle tier of the Submachine Guns. These would still be considered usable, but they will certainly need the right attachments. Expect to lose some uneven fights.
- C-Tier: This is where weapons start to lose quality. Attachments can help these, but they are mostly for fun. Some great plays in close quarters can be pulled off, but they are going to lose a lot of fights. High TTK and bullet spread are usually the problems.
- D-Tier: Any weapon in this category should be avoided. They aren't competitive, and because of their lack of power, they are also usually not fun. However, they can be great for variety and loadout experiments if that's your style.
Note: This SMG tier list for COD Mobile Season 6 To The Skies is based on the latest patch notes set to go live. The goal is to create a list that accurately reflects the meta and the changes being implemented to the weapons. Some lists will have differences in their rankings.
S-Tier submachine guns in COD Mobile Season 6
- PP19 Bizon
S-Tier is mostly the same aside from a change to the QQ9. While the weapon was already fantastic, it was given buffs in nearly every way. Increased damage multipliers, consistent reloaded, less flinch, and so on.
A-Tier submachine guns in COD Mobile Season 6
- KSP 45
- HG 40
- AGR 556
The A-Tier had the most changes and it's clear that more weapons are viable in Season 6. You may notice the KSP 45 in this tier, and that's because it is uncertain. The weapon appears good, but burst submachine guns have historically performed worse.
B-Tier submachine guns in COD Mobile Season 6
Both the Cordite and the Razorback managed to get just enough buffs to move up a rank. They made the B-Tier more usable overall, but that came at a cost to the weapon balance in tiers below.
C-Tier submachine guns in COD Mobile Season 6
This tier is a lonely tier at this point, especially with so many changes in the SMG class. Most weapons were given upgrades if they were changed at all, and that means ranks like C-Tier are less common.
D-Tier submachine guns in COD Mobile Season 6
These weapons were not touched in the Season 6 patch notes for COD Mobile, and they are still at the bottom of the barrel. Everyone should avoid them if possible until there are some major changes given out.
For more exciting game coverage, check out our section dedicated to the latest Call of Duty: Mobile news, tips, guides, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Activision.