Developer Valve thinks you don't need a Jump Throw keybind in Counter-Strike 2, noting how Jump Throws are consistent without a specific bind. Even so, players want to be precise and release their utility, such as Smoke or HE Grenades, in the exact millisecond for perfect placement on maps.
To this end, we will share the latest, best way to create a Jump Throw keybind in Counter-Strike 2, leaving players with peace of mind that their placement, if done correctly, should be perfect. Let's pop a Smoke Grenade and get started!
Update on 27 September 2023: We've updated this article with the latest, most efficient Jump Throw keybind in CS2.
How To Create CS2 Jump Throw Keybind
You can't set Jump Throws in CS2's in-game settings menu. We are just going to cut to the chase now and first provide you with a list of external commands. Keep them in a notepad.
Jump Throw CS2 Commands (v keybind):
- alias "+jumpaction" "+jump;"
- alias "+throwaction" "-attack; -attack2"
- alias "-jumpaction" "-jump"
- bind v "+jumpaction;+throwaction;"
Run Jump Throw CS2 Commands (h keybind):
- alias "+runthrow" "+forward;+jump;"
- alias "-runthrow" "-jump;-forward"
- bind h "+runthrow;+throwaction"
Do you have those commands in your notepad? Good! Now, follow the steps below to get Jump Throw and Run Jump Throw working in Counter-Strike 2.
- In Steam, right-click on CS:GO (Limited Test) or Counter-Strike 2.
- Then select "Manage" followed by "Browse Local Files."
- In the root folder, open up the "Game" folder then "CSGO" then the "CFG" folder.
- Look for an Autoexe.cfg file. You probably won't have one if this is your first time tinkering.
- Now, right-click and create a new "text document"
- Enabling viewing file extensions and hidden items in your Windows viewer.
- Now rename this file, including its .txt extension, to "Autoexe.cfg"
- Open the Autoexe.cfg file with Notepad and paste in the list of commands shared earlier exactly as they are, then save and close the file.
- Launch CS2 and open up the Dev Console.
- Type in "exec autoexec" and hit enter to load the keybinds.
Now, you can use the "V" key for the Jump Throw and the "H" key for the Run Jump Throw. Congratulations! Keep in mind that you will need to follow the last two steps, aka running the "exec autoexec" command in the CS2 dev console every time you boot up the game.
Please note: Valve might patch this Jump Throw keybind in the future. To this end, we will update this article to provide you with the latest workarounds as they become known.
If you want a visual guide to creating a Jump Throw keybind in Counter-Strike 2, then we suggest checking out YouTube channel TroubleChute's fantastic, informative, and to-the-point video below, showcasing its effects in action.
So there you have it, the latest, best method to create Jump Throw keybinds in Counter-Strike 2. If a better way becomes available, we will endeavor to update this article faster than you can smoke off Banana on Inferno at the start of a CS2 match.