The updates for CS:GO are coming thick and fast, maybe shroud was right when he said Riot has put a fire under their asses with the release of Valorant.
Whatever the reason, we are thankful with a new update that fixes the troublesome Pure Server disconnect issues and changes to grenades to make them more reliable.
Release Notes for today are up. We've improved reliability of picking up weapons with +use when near dropped grenades, HE grenade damage around small obstacles (like stairs) will now apply damage to players more reliably, and more: https://t.co/GDg00yZFXe— CS:GO (@CSGO) May 11, 2020
Grenades have long been an issue in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive but this update aims to improve their damage reliability around small obstacles such as stairs.
For instance, a player on A-site stairs on Mirage will receive grenade damage more consistently. Before the update, the player could have escaped with minimal damage due to these small obstacles.
Valve have also fixed picking up weapons with +use (binded to the “E” button on default) when there are grenades nearby. These grenades will no longer block the process of picking up the weapon.
The previous update released on May 5 caused a disconnect issue for some players as the official Valve servers would kick clients that “have loaded asset files into game memory from files not present on game server filesystem."
For example, joining a community server that downloaded extra assets would cause you to get kicked when you join an official server. Twitter user Gabe Follower had found a temporary fix but Valve has now addressed the issue in the latest update.
Servers now have a command (sv_pure_allow_loose_file_loads) that will let players join even if extra assets are in their game files. However, if the player has loaded these assets after opening CS:GO, they will have to restart their game.
The update is currently live.
The full patch notes for version 126.96.36.199 are available below.
CS:GO Update v188.8.131.52 Full Patch Notes
– Improved reliability of picking up weapons with +use when nearby dropped grenades are present. (Thanks birkir!)
– Explosive grenade damage around small obstacles such as stairs will now apply damage to players more reliably.
– Hostages will no longer obscure flashbang traces, allowing players behind them to be blinded.
– Players that start the round with a taser and no pistol no longer have their taser deleted, and rechargeable tasers are now recharged at round start.
– Fixed Danger Zone piloted drone self-destruct timer resetting due to zone damage or repeated player input.
– Added a setting sv_pure_allow_loose_file_loads for game servers to control whether third-party files can be loaded by clients. Users are allowed to have third-party files on disk, but the files will be ignored when playing on such pure game servers. If users already loaded third-party files into game memory, then their game client must be restarted in order to connect to such pure game servers.
– Added a setting sv_pure_allow_missing_files for game servers to control what happens to clients that load files missing on the game server. When disabled, if a connected player loaded third-party files into game memory that game server is missing, the player will be kicked.
– Added a message explaining to the client which file mismatched the pure server configuration and caused a user disconnect.
– Improved loadout animations in buy menu for several agents and weapon combinations.
– Fixed certain game instructor hints displaying incorrect key bindings in certain languages (e.g. “sfrutteranno” in Italian).
– Added a setting con_allownotify to allow hiding top-right corner notifications if “Overflowed CClientRenderablesList” notification appears in 21:9 resolutions.