They will join six teams made up of duos from established pro teams with G2's Nikola "niKo” Kovač and Nemanja "huNter-" Kovač and OG's Valdemar "valde" Bjørn Vangså & Aleksi “Aleksib” Virolainen just some of the names the successful amateurs will be coming against.
Two more amateur teams will earn their place through the Red Bull Flick Finnish Event and Nordic Playoffs, setting the scene for the Helsinki Invitational held on 20-21st November.
It is a truly unique proposition in CSGO esports, pro teams facing off against amateurs in 2v2 contests on some very slick custom designed maps.
It's a tournament that emphasises fragging ability, ice-cold clutches, and think-on-your-feet decision making. Upsets are actively encouraged.
If you want to learn more including how to watch and all the participating teams, check out our viewers guide below.
Red Bull Flick Invitational Helsinki - schedule
The tournament is a two-day event taking place on 20-21st November at the Helsinki Expo and Convention Center with tickets on sale now.
Sixteen teams in all will take their place in Helsinki including six invited teams.
The six invited teams are:
- G2 (Nikola "niKo” Kovač & Nemanja "huNter-" Kovač)
- OG (Valdemar "valde" Bjørn Vangså & Aleksi “Aleksib” Virolainen)
- ENCE (Paweł "dycha" Dycha & Joonas "doto" Forss)
- BIG Academy (Nico 'aqua' Kimbitzky & David 'Prosus' Hess)
- Team Spirit (Victor "somedieyoung" Orudzhev & Boris "magixx" Vorobiev)
- Furia (Yuri "yuurih" Santos & Kaike "KSCERATO" Cerato)
The remaining ten teams have earned their place through national and international qualifiers.
- Hold the Flag game mode
- Group Stage:
- 16 team Swiss System format
- All matches are Bo1
- Top 8 teams proceed to Playoffs
- Bottom 8 teams are eliminated
- Double-elimination bracket
- All matches are Bo3
The Red Bull Flick will have an €50,000 prize pool with the breakdown not yet revealed.
How to watch the Red Bull Flick Invitational Helsinki
All the action can be watched live on Red Bull's Twitch channel. We have embedded it for you below.